e3 2006 Thread

Buehrle>Wood

Press Conference Times

Sony: Monday, 6 O'Clock P.M.

Nintendo: Tuesday, 11 O'Clock A.M.

Microsoft: Tuesday, 3 O'Clock P.M.

All eyes are on Nintendo to finally make their move. It won't take much Nintendo Wii information to steal the show, but they will still drop loads of information on us anyhow. They are holding their press conference at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angelos, so they obviously have big plans.

Sony will likely have a great show as well. They will hopefully show off their redesigned PS3 controller, and maybe announce a launch date for PS3.

The X-Box 360 has been very dissapointing, and there isn't much on Microsoft's front to report. They likely won't have too great of a show. They'll probably show a 30 second Halo 3 video to keep their fans happy.

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6149154

THQ gave its quarterly earnings report today, and the analysts' conference call that followed saw the publisher detail some of its plans going forward. On multiple occasions in the course of the call, THQ president and CEO Brian Farrell spoke about developing for the Nintendo Wii, touching on a number of topics including THQ's first reactions to its Wii games.

"[The Wii] wasn't a whole new programming environment," Farrell said. "So we had a lot of tools and tech that work in that environment. So those costs--and again, I hate these broad generalizations--but they could be as little as a third of the high-end next-gen titles... Maybe the range is a quarter to a half."

May 8, 2006 -

2:02 Pacific Time

Breaking News: Square Enix has just announced "Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers" for Nintendo Wii, also available at launch.

1:56 Pacific Time

Breaking News: Square Enix has just announced a new Dragon Quest game, titled "Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors" exclusively for Nintendo Wii. It will be available at launch.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ May 8, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)
Sony is having their conference now and just showed off the new controller. Haven't seen pictures yet, but it's a Nintendo Wii rip-off. LOL

EDIT: They also just announced a 600$ price tag.

I'm saving my hysterical laughing 'til I hear the price for the Revolution (yep, I'm still calling it that for now :P ).

And I can't wait 'til I have my navy blue DS Lite at a very good price while sony is scrambling and knocking down the psp price. :)

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 9, 2006 -> 12:08 PM)
s***, Twilight Princess won't come out 'til the Wii launches, and there's gonna be two versions, one for GC and one for Wii.

I kind of had a feeling that was going to happen. Oh well, if the Wii is reasonably priced, I will get it.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 9, 2006 -> 07:44 AM)
Here is the new PS3 controller

I hope that little thing can take a beating, because controllers generally do.

Actually, the controller was changed. It no longer looks like a boomerang. Which is a shame.. now if you throw them in anger they won't return to you. If you go to ebgames.com and click on the PS3 link under Specialty Shops you can check out the controller. It looks exactly like the PS2 one, except it's wireless and has a guide button in the middle (not quite the size of the 360 controller guide button though).

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ May 10, 2006 -> 06:08 PM)
The Nintendo conference was awesome.

Super Mario Galaxy looks the best of the games so far, along with Red Steel.

No s*** Super Mario Galaxy looks cool. Im really excited about getting at that new Wii controller, it seems like it has many uses in these games.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2006 -> 07:55 AM)
$600 FOR A PLAYSTATION?!?!?! Are they kidding?

Hard to believe, huh? And they will be quick to tell you it is $599(NOT $600) for the suped up system and $499(NOT $500) for the one with no wi-fi or memory card or other fun stuff, but by the time you buy that stuff, they will have their $600 anyways. You have to wonder how much their games are going to cost too.....

Edited by kyyle23