Blow Up the Monstrocity-Dome

greg775

Please, baseball, make the Twins implode the Humpty-Dome.

Indoor baseball is a joke.

How any fan in Minnesota could pay modern day baseball prices to

watch ball in there is beyond me.

We're probably going to get swept in that dump unless we wake up which

is hard to do in that indoor monstrocity.

i hate the damn dome also. i hate it when routine grounders/choppers on grass become hits in the dome.

>at the same time, thats no excuse for the sox to lose. well lets hope buehrle can step it up tomarrow. hes gotta be the stopper :gosox1:

I hate the dome, probably more than the rest of you. I am a Packers fan, and the Packers NEVER play well in the Dome. I hate the f***ing place. I'm SO glad the Viqueens are getting a new stadium, or moving out. One less use for the POS.

QUOTE(worldchampsox05 @ May 13, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
yea i agree that place is just nasty..Hawk and DJ were talking about minnesota getting a new ballpark tho in a couple years

The hangup is that they want a publicly-funded stadium, which the taxpayers don't want to pay for. If they were willing to secure private funding like the Giants did, they could probably have a new park by now.

Problem with that is the Giants enjoy a larger market stake than the Twinkies, and they have a HOF-caliber tourist attraction to keep butts in the seats.

This was talked about at least once in every sports talk radio broadcast I listened to when I lived there for all of 2003, and given the well-formed discourse of the debate I surmised it may well have been going on the day after the Humpty-Dump opened its doors in 1982.

I thought the Vikings and Twins were going to share a complex anyways? Lets be honest, the Twins have a short span of time in the summer in which to play outside baseball, they either have to have a dome, or a retractable dome, so they are going to be playing a majority of their games indoors anyways. The teams play on the same surface and get the same hops, the Sox just got the short end of the stick last night. The Twins just got hot and put 7 runs up on the Sox in a hurry. Sure, Batista could have(should have) been called out, and Cuddyer did swing the bat, but how about some damage control from Vazquez? There were so many 2 out hits my head was spinning. It just fell apart in that inning, they have to forget about it and move on.

My point was just that I hate to watch baseball indoors.

On a beautiful summer night give me the Cell or Kauffman Stadium (minus the crap Royals)

and it's heaven.

Indoor baseball is hell.

Who wants to watch indoor baseball?????

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ May 14, 2006 -> 12:54 AM)
as someone who spent most of last year in the twin cities... the new ballpark isn't happening anytime soon

simply put if the vikings (sex-boat aside) aren't getting a new stadium, neither are the twins

Actually, the Twins and are going to get it done this week or never. My gut feeling is that it's going to pass.

QUOTE(greg775 @ May 14, 2006 -> 10:57 PM)
That's wild, William Tell. Are you young or an adult? You should make

the drive to Chicago or KC or Detroit and see a game outside. It's

amazing on a beautiful summer night.

I'm 20, so I'm a young adult. And the plan is this sumer to go see the White Sox in Kansas City and also possibly in Chicago. So hopefully one or both works out. I've only seen 4 professional games.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 15, 2006 -> 12:55 AM)
On the plus side, they are guarenteed no rain delays so it's basically a 99% chance there will be a game when the Twins play at their dome.. :)

Sorry, couldn't resist... :D

yeah but 100 years ago they didn't have domes. It just not the way to play ball games. If they have a retractable dome then we have a different story. The Astros b****ed about to Bud Selig about not being able to use their dome. Honestly if it were raining I would say use it. But it wasn't and they just wanted to use that as an advantage. They b****ed about playing in the rain at Comiskey, so they demanded to use their dome. Since when does playing in the rain constitute as an advantage? sounds like Cub s*** to me.

I've been to that dump, and I mean DUMP, twice in the past 3 years, and it is a joke to MLB that it even exists. The food blows, the people there are jerks, the bathrooms are pathetic, that turf is a joke, the roof looks like a giant bedspread, and the air inside is stale and dry.

It truly is a motel for buzzards, and should be imploded immediately.

QUOTE(Pastime @ May 15, 2006 -> 02:27 AM)
I've been to that dump, and I mean DUMP, twice in the past 3 years, and it is a joke to MLB that it even exists. The food blows, the people there are jerks, the bathrooms are pathetic, that turf is a joke, the roof looks like a giant bedspread, and the air inside is stale and dry.

It truly is a motel for buzzards, and should be imploded immediately.

After all that, you forgot the swastika. :D