Billy Koch and entire family battling a disease

RibbieRubarb

This is an odd and compelling story. I hope everything turns out well for him.

It seems to be a physical and pyschological disease that he began showing symptoms of while he was in Oakland.

Might explain his lack of effectiveness here or not. Still, I wonder if Beane knew before trading him. hmmm.

Anyway, here's the article about it. Sad.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/9264350/detail.html

Wow. That's bizarre. Muscle twitches and loss of muscle memory? That may explain Koch's velocity loss since this disease affects the muscle in some way, as well as the skin. I'm glad I never hung the 'roid tag on him.

Wow that's insane, and explains a lot. Hopefully they figure this out so Billy and his family and all the others involved can have some piece. And yeah I'm glad I didn't hang the roids tag either, that must be torture having something that painful AND having the doctors confused and helpless.

Many of us in Florida were also confused by his strange behavior. On one hand I'm glad it's finally been explained; on the other hand, I'm saddened to find that it was worse than everyone thought. Not only trying to work with this disease, but knowing that his WIFE and his KIDS had it as well, is enough to make anyone fall apart physically and mentally. My heart goes out to Billy and his family and I hope doctors can find an effective treatment soon.

Wow, here is to a speedy recovery

:pray

One thing I noticed about the article was the three areas that have had reports of this terrible illness. Bay Area, Gulf Coast and East Flordia the only thing the have in common is they are next to large water areas

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ May 25, 2006 -> 03:16 PM)

One thing I noticed about the article was the three areas that have had reports of this terrible illness. Bay Area, Gulf Coast and East Flordia the only thing the have in common is they are next to large water areas

The one corollary discovered by doctors that many people with Morgellons also had Lyme disease sometime prior. There is debate, as the article mentioned, of whether this is adelusional parasitosis or an actual disease.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ May 25, 2006 -> 03:16 PM)

not to sound racist or start a fight - but they also have large illegal immigrant populations... disease brought with them do you think? possibly?

Thats gotta be hell every day. It's too bad it happened to Koch as he was always a stand up guy even after he blew a save. I remember one game where he blew the save then in the Sox won it in the bottom of the 9th. After the game Koch said that the other closer "pulled a Koch."

get well soon Billy

I agree this is horrible. Especially when it's something mysterious and it affects your entire family. Billy may not have been the best acquistion here, but at least he accepted his mistakes and was a stand-up guy. Let's hope he recovers soon.

Koch is living proof that a positive attitude and hard-work do not always equal success. He is, however, also living proof that a positive attitude and hard-work always brings respect on some level. That's something people strive for, and he got it.

Best of wishes to Koch and his family :pray