Hello Mr. Anderson

BigSqwert

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 28, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)
The creator of the worse nicknames known to man and that lovely sig is responsible for the post above you.

I'm just saying...it worked for Dye last year...is all I'm sayin'. At this point, it ain't gonna hurt to toss that sig up for B.A.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 29, 2006 -> 12:13 AM)
The creator of the worse nicknames known to man and that lovely sig is responsible for the post above you.

So.. do you idolize this guy or something? :P

Taking a peek

The Sox could add another pitcher by the end of the week as they gear up for a homestand against Texas, Detroit and Cleveland.

Jeff Farnsworth, who was signed out of a tryout camp in early March, has a 1.48 earned-run average and nine saves for Triple-A Charlotte.

Agustin Montero, who was sent down last Monday to make room for Jeff Nelson, has a 1.93 ERA with 27 strikeouts in 28 innings for the Knights.

Left-hander Boone Logan, who was optioned on May 21, has allowed three runs in 22/3 innings but pitched a scoreless inning Saturday for Charlotte.

Trib seems to think someone's about to be on the move.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 28, 2006 -> 11:31 PM)
Trib seems to think someone's about to be on the move.

I fail to see how sending down a great defensive player at a crutial position and calling up any 1 of 3 scrubs is going to improve the team.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 28, 2006 -> 09:33 PM)
I fail to see how sending down a great defensive player at a crutial position and calling up any 1 of 3 scrubs is going to improve the team.

Might not necessarily be Anderson first of all...could be a sign of other roster moves coming, i.e. dumping or trading Gload, trading someone, or even just giving Anderson a few games to work on his swing against live pitching. That note in the Trib makes no sense without saying who it is that is being moved around, so it almost has to be someone casually suggesting something. I'll take this as a sign that somethin's up, and might be happening soon.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 29, 2006 -> 02:43 PM)
I really don't want to see any of those three scrubs on our team. If we add a reliever to the roster, it had better be a decent one via a trade.

Esteban Yan just got DFA'ed by the Angels a couple days ago. If it's him, I will laugh my ass off.

I suggested Brian Bruney about a week back. He was designated for assignment by the D-Backs a while back.

Giants designated RHP Brian Bruney for assignment.

Bruney's command problems have apparently frustrated the Diamondbacks for the last time. Even though he's hurt right now, he shouldn't be able to clear waivers. He has too good of an arm.

The guy's dominated in AAA, and he'd be another Coop reclamation project, with potential high rewards.

QUOTE(Felix @ May 28, 2006 -> 10:41 PM)
The main reason I don't like the deal is that it ties up a lot of money to a mediocre pitcher and keeps the superior starter (McCarthy) out of the rotation.

So you cite players that were signed by the Yankees, Blue Jays (who are trying to compete with the Yankees), and Reds (who have literally no pitching) to support your argument. Smart!

I really don't know what you arguing here though, so I could be wrong with my assessment.

When trying to determine a players value on the open market, why wouldn't you use the teams that actually spend money? Who else are you supposed to use, Pittsburgh?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 28, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)
No one is blaiming KW, he did the right thing. The only one being blamed is Jon Garland. I don't really see the conflict here.

If Garland finishes the year with an ERA over 6 he will not make AJ Burnett money, I can gaurantee you that. Milton money on the other hand is very likely, $4, $8.5M, $9M is Eric's contract and it seems about right.

Its hindsight thought at that point. Of course no one would spend that kind of money at that point, but then again neither did the White Sox. They signed a guy who doesn't miss starts and had a breakthrough season, not a guy coming off of a season with a 6 era.

If we call anyone up I want Javier Lopez.

Why? Javier Lopez should only ever face lefties and we have two competent lefties already -- Cotts and Thornton. We need a good righty if Politte continues to suck and if Nelson is only a one-pitch pitcher now. But Nelson should really only face a couple right-handed batters these days anyways.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 29, 2006 -> 10:51 AM)
Why? Javier Lopez should only ever face lefties and we have two competent lefties already -- Cotts and Thornton. We need a good righty if Politte continues to suck and if Nelson is only a one-pitch pitcher now. But Nelson should really only face a couple right-handed batters these days anyways.

So we should call up a righty just for the sake of calling one up when they are all nothing? Yeah I'm sure Jeff Farnsworth is better than Cliff...

So we should call up a righty just for the sake of calling one up when they are all nothing? Yeah I'm sure Jeff Farnsworth is better than Cliff...

I never said that. I don't think that any of the bums in the minors should be called up -- they all suck. KW should try to swing a trade for a good reliever. If he has to wait a little while, so be it.

A guy like Javier Lopez who can only get lefties out won't help us too much when we already have Cotts and Thornton who can fill that role.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 29, 2006 -> 10:58 AM)
I never said that. I don't think that any of the bums in the minors should be called up -- they all suck. KW should try to swing a trade for a good reliever. If he has to wait a little while, so be it.

A guy like Javier Lopez who can only get lefties out won't help us too much when we already have Cotts and Thornton who can fill that role.

Fair enough. The only angle I was going with is if we are gonna call up one of these AAA guys might as well call up the only one that can get anyone out, whether it be a righty or lefty.

Fair enough. The only angle I was going with is if we are gonna call up one of these AAA guys might as well call up the only one that can get anyone out, whether it be a righty or lefty.

We should. But Lopez has shown in his career that he can only get lefties out. And it makes sense -- he's a sidearmer/submariner just like Mike Myers and lefties tank Myers as well.

Back to Brian Anderson, I was noticing during today's game that he has a bad case of 'happy feet' in the batters's box. He seems to be moving all over the place. If you are moving that much, your head is moving too much.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 29, 2006 -> 03:13 PM)
Back to Brian Anderson, I was noticing during today's game that he has a bad case of 'happy feet' in the batters's box. He seems to be moving all over the place. If you are moving that much, your head is moving too much.

Only had 1 good at bat today IMO. Needs to step it up tomorrow against a very tough lefty.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 29, 2006 -> 03:15 PM)
Only had 1 good at bat today IMO. Needs to step it up tomorrow against a very tough lefty.

And if Uribe gets in a little hot streak people won't be able to use the "but he's not our worst hitter" excuse. :(

I don't get the opportunity to watch as many games as you locals do, so I watching BA closely trying to 'see what I could see'. The 'happy feet' is the thing that stood out for me. He's not planting that back foot, not digging in, like you should.

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ May 29, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
"Happy" Feet or not, good teams need a defensive player like BA to play outfield

I totally agree with you. BA has value for this team based strictly on his defensive abilities. I was not suggesting he be sent sent down. I was just trying to identify his problems at the plate.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 29, 2006 -> 03:18 PM)
And if Uribe gets in a little hot streak people won't be able to use the "but he's not our worst hitter" excuse. :(

If Uribe gets on a hot streak then BA's problems will become no more than an annoyance. That would really help out.