Congratulations Agustin Montero

BamaDoc

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 06:33 PM)
How many more wins does he need to become the winningest pitcher post steroid suspension? Screw steroid boy Montero.

There are at least a couple others on our team that have used roids, but weren't caught. Does it make them better they weren't caught? That's an ignorant comment by you, so congrats!! :)

Anyways, complete vulture style win for Montero, 3 pitches and 1 out, but congrats anyways. I like you better than Polittle, by a lot, already.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 07:33 PM)
There are at least a couple others on our team that have used roids, but weren't caught. Does it make them better they weren't caught? That's an ignorant comment by you, so congrats!! :)

Anyways, complete vulture style win for Montero, 3 pitches and 1 out, but congrats anyways. I like you better than Polittle, by a lot, already.

. He got busted by MLB using steroids, something Bonds, Sosa and McGwire never did, yet its fine to rip them. He cheated, and he sucks. I don't want him around. If anyone on the Sox ever gets caught, no matter who they are, I will feel the same way. Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 08:50 PM)
. He got busted by MLB using steroids, something Bonds, Sosa and McGwire never did, yet its fine to rip them. He cheated, and he sucks. I don't want him around. If anyone on the Sox ever gets caught, no matter who they are, I will feel the same way.

:cheers

Does anyone know the circumstances of Montero's situation regarding the suspension?

Robert Valido from the Sox minor league system got suspended because he tested positive from drinking energy drinks.

I wonder if it's the same situation. I will withhold comment until more details come out.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone know the circumstances of Montero's situation regarding the suspension?

Robert Valido from the Sox minor league system got suspended because he tested positive from drinking energy drinks.

I wonder if it's the same situation. I will withhold comment until more details come out.

...and if you believe that I have a ocean front property in Montana i'd like to sell you...

All the players were given a list of things that would cause a positive test. He has no excuses. Anyone giving him the benefit of the doubt should do the same with Sosa, with McGwire, Bonds has admitted taking the creame and the clear, but you should then believe him when he says he had no idea it was a performance enhancer. If you have sympathy for Montero, you should really feel sorry for Palmiero who had a sure fire HOF induction more than likely ruined by a postive test which he said couldn't be. Montero's pitched 5 innings in the major leagues and has given up 4 runs. All this giddiness about this bum and cheater will end in a couple of more outings. He was hit pretty hard Friday, and today had to get 1 batter.

Edited by Dick Allen

Yeah right, because all people and all situations are exactly the same. Lump them all together, to hell with looking at each individual case and each individual circumstance.

...and if you believe that I have a ocean front property in Montana i'd like to sell you...

No thanks, thanks for the definitive input though.

I don't like the guy. At all. And yes, it's because he got caught and is 100% KNOWN to have cheated. Yea, they all might do it, to some extent, but he actually got caught doing s***... so I don't like him. That's my opinion, based on the facts as I know them.

But, he won today. Fine. Enjoy your day. But I hope he's not around long term. That's it.

I don't like the guy. At all. And yes, it's because he got caught and is 100% KNOWN to have cheated. Yea, they all might do it, to some extent, but he actually got caught doing s***... so I don't like him. That's my opinion, based on the facts as I know them.

But, he won today. Fine. Enjoy your day. But I hope he's not around long term. That's it.

I completely respect your viewpoint and opinion.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 03:39 AM)
I don't much care if the guy killed his wife and drove away in a Ford Bronco. As long as he pitches better than Cliff Politte, I will tolerate him.

:lolhitting

Damn, did we just sign OJ Simpson?!?