Loudest Stadiums in MLB

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 12:31 PM)
I've read that Houston, when the roof is closed, can be deafening.

But when the roof is open and they are too busy crying, and not cheering....the stadium sucks. Sorry when my entire section emptied out during game 4 after the sox scored, i lost respet for their fans and their stupid bee noise.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 12:31 PM)
I've read that Houston, when the roof is closed, can be deafening.

Ive been to plenty Astros games since I live here, and when I went to two games at the Cell in June when I was in Chicago it was MUCH louder than its ever been in Houston.. Roof closed OR open, it was unbelievable how better the Sox fans are than the Astros fans..

That's interesting about Minute Maid Park.. I had heard that when the dome is closed, it's loud as hell.

For some reason, I rarely hear the word "loud" when people or the media refer to the Cell. And one of my buddies was telling me he swears the Cell isn't as loud as it used to be before they tore down the old roof and put in the canopy and Fundamentals. He says it's a different sound now; it used to be a deeper deafening roar. I have tickets for the Detroit series in August and September, so I guess I'll see/hear firsthand for myself.

QUOTE(Beetle @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 01:52 PM)
The HHH Metrodome is, by reputation, one of the loudest if not THE loudest ML ballpark.

Was. Back in the 87 and 91 World Series there wasn't a place that was louder. Now you can't get 25,000 people to a game there...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)
Was. Back in the 87 and 91 World Series there wasn't a place that was louder. Now you can't get 25,000 people to a game there...

Clearly, you need people to make noise. However, my understanding is that we're talking about the building, not the fans. All things being equal (amount of fans, etc.) -- for noise resonance, the acoustics of the HHH can't be beat.

Edited by Beetle

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 01:53 PM)

and before the Sox won their WS, you couldnt get 25k in the Cell

:P

from what I hear on TV, The Cell is loud.

and Yankee Stadium when the crowd gets going

Metrodome should be disqualifed because it is a dome, and the stadum sucks

From the places I have been to, I would put the cell right up there. I think it is much louder now than before the rennovation.

MM Park is loud with the roof closed, but I think the fans just arent as excitable because they are used to keeping their energy low due to the heat. Also the Bee noise is horrible

RFK is silent

Shea is pretty loud, but there are tons of people there as well. Also the noise reverberates under the canopy.

Detroit is avg

Cle is avg, the drum sucks

Cinci is pretty loud, but not really great. The fans tend to be more relaxed.

Wrigley during playoff time is electric from what I saw, though, I still think the cell was louder.

I was at a game a couple years ago at Pac Bell (Not sure what it's called now). They were playing the Dodgers on a Monday night with Jason Schmidt on the bump. Was a very close game and they announced that it was the largest crowd to date at the park. Needless to say, the place was very loud. SF won 5-3 iirc.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)
From the places I have been to, I would put the cell right up there. I think it is much louder now than before the rennovation.

MM Park is loud with the roof closed, but I think the fans just arent as excitable because they are used to keeping their energy low due to the heat. Also the Bee noise is horrible

RFK is silent

Shea is pretty loud, but there are tons of people there as well. Also the noise reverberates under the canopy.

Detroit is avg

Cle is avg, the drum sucks

Cinci is pretty loud, but not really great. The fans tend to be more relaxed.

Wrigley during playoff time is electric from what I saw, though, I still think the cell was louder.

The fans in Houston are not very excitable, for instance a base hit scoring one run in houston will get claps from the fans where as at the Cell we all went nuts

It was crazy the difference between the fans

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 04:37 PM)
Yankee stadium was loud as hell

^^^ Totally agree. And it's louder when they are losing! I couldn't hear my cousin sitting next to me without her yelling.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 08:12 PM)
^^^ Totally agree. And it's louder when they are losing! I couldn't hear my cousin sitting next to me without her yelling.

Yankee was definitely loud when I saw the Yanks and Red Sox.

Wrigley and the Cell are quite similar in noise but I'd have to give the edge to the Cell becuase they are louder throughout the entire course of the game, compared to Wrigley where it's deafening 1 minutes and in 5 minutes, completely silent.

But when the Cell goes nuts....wow.

The Cell is pretty loud right now after Thome's homer ties the game.

The loudest sporting event I've ever been to is the regional championship game for my HS basketball team. Our student section was probably 1,000 kids which is half the school, and when a trey tied it, we all went absolutely nuts, it was amazing. I was screaming at the top of my lungs and couldn't even come close to hearing myself.

The loudest it has been at the Cell was when Gooch hit the game tying grand slam against the Astros.