Starting a New Mojo--Sox @ Tigers

Heads22

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 08:23 PM)
but thats why he should be pitching MORE not less...

Well, not if the trade happens tomorrow or the next day, for Freddy. He would then be pitching a start in 4 days, on about 4 days rest.

If McCarthy is going to ever be a starting pitcher you have to let him pitch to batters from both sides of the plate. With two outs and a six run lead, this would have been a pretty good spot to let him refresh his memory that baseball is played from both sides. I am sick of seeing this guy yanked too early.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
Well, not if the trade happens tomorrow or the next day, for Freddy. He would then be pitching a start in 4 days, on about 4 days rest.

no no no my point is how can you expect him to go 5, 6, 7 innings when he hasnt pitched more than 4.1 (his one start discluded) all year?

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 09:19 PM)
Ah, I love being right! :P

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 07:16 PM)
Hopefully it won't be his only good inning. If he's lucky the Sox will score some runs this inning. They are going to need to score alot tonight with Garland on the mound.

'I am only listening to the game and therefore don't dnow what he is throwing. I would rather of heard 3 ground balls, rather than 2 fly outs and 1 grounder. Still, the way Jon has been coming on, it would not surprise me if he gives up 2 or less.'

Me too :D

Edited by ottawa_sox

If McCarthy is going to ever be a starting pitcher you have to let him pitch to batters from both sides of the plate. With two outs and a six run lead, this would have been a pretty good spot to let him refresh his memory that baseball is played from both sides. I am sick of seeing this guy yanked too early.

QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)

Ah screw it man. Ozzie has done much to piss me off over the past 4 months. I'm willing to let this pass. BMAC wasn't looking that great out there, he wasn't exactly dominating.

Wow, Pods has had a terrible game.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 08:27 PM)
Ah screw it man. Ozzie has done much to piss me off over the past 4 months. I'm willing to let this pass. BMAC wasn't looking that great out there, he wasn't exactly dominating.

three. batters. means. nothing.

plus he needs to start having some pressure situations, get used to it againb.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)
no no no my point is how can you expect him to go 5, 6, 7 innings when he hasnt pitched more than 4.1 (his one start discluded) all year?

Oh okay, I got ya. Yeah, I know what you mean now.

QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 08:30 PM)

deja vu?

Man, everything feels so right all the sudden. I have the utmost confidence in JG now, and I REALLY hope Vazquez, Garcia, and Buehrle can build off his confidence. I don't know, we've dominated the Tigers all year long..

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 06:13 PM)
Last night I dreamt that I was the state assigned lawyer for LaMarr Hoyt. Needless to say, the state had way to much evidence against him for me to get him off the hook. I really think this dream is a bad sign of things to come.

Tigers - 6

Sox - 5

Crow is served.

7-1!!! EAT IT ALL POPPY