Coco Crisp offered to the Sox?

santo=dorf

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 11:57 PM)
i Hate Coco Crisp! WHERE WOULD HE PLAY! lol

I LOVE COCO! How could you hate him?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 12:34 AM)
http://www.angelfire.com/droid/kalapse/Whi...Progression.htm

Jenks is locked up through '01, Thornton '10 and MacDougal through '09 so I wouldn't worry about losing any of them anytime soon.

It would be my guess that the '01 is susposed to be '10 since '01 was 5 years ago.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 03:17 AM)
I LOVE COCO! How could you hate him?

It would be my guess that the '01 is susposed to be '10 since '01 was 5 years ago.

Either that or Jenks has a very long term contract.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 02:26 PM)
I would love to get Coco and have him in CF and BA in Left....that would improve the defense majorly...

Anderson is a much better CF than Coco.... sure Coco has made some highlight reel catches but in general he is nothing special in CF while good in LF. Also he is not worth a SP and if we did that trade we would need to get something else as well.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 08:26 AM)
I would love to get Coco and have him in CF and BA in Left....that would improve the defense majorly...

That's absolutely absurd. Coco is nowhere near the defender Anderson is. He is better than Pods would be in LF though.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 09:39 AM)
Anderson is a much better CF than Coco.... sure Coco has made some highlight reel catches but in general he is nothing special in CF while good in LF. Also he is not worth a SP and if we did that trade we would need to get something else as well.

Well obviously there would have to more to a deal than Garcia/Vaquez for Coco... no way in hell I do that straight up....and either way you put Coco and BA in the outfield its a major upgrade over Pods and BA.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 01:10 AM)
I wouldn't want to trade anyone to the Red Sox. Not when you consider that the Sox might see them in the post-season. Once or if the offense gets back on track (or anywhere near where they were) and Buehrle turns it around, the Sox are pretty damn good. I don't think they need Vazquez and Garcia in top form, not when you have this current bullpen. Contreras, Buehrle and Garland should and will be enough.

The only moves I'd consider making are acquiring a backup OFer and another bullpen arm. Even aside from that, I think the Sox can survive.

Amen. It only took 22 posts for someone to figure this out:

"I wouldn't want to trade anyone to the Red Sox. Not when you consider that the Sox might see them in the post-season."

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 03:11 PM)
Amen. It only took 22 posts for someone to figure this out:

"I wouldn't want to trade anyone to the Red Sox. Not when you consider that the Sox might see them in the post-season."

If we traded Garcia for him, I would be more than happy to have to face him in the postseason.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 03:18 PM)
The Red Sox already have a catcher that can catch knuckleballs. Just saying...wishing mostly.

A Garcia for Crisp trade would be one of my favorite transactions ever by the White Sox.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 09:19 AM)
A Garcia for Crisp trade would be one of my favorite transactions ever by the White Sox.

He didn't mean Garcia. He meant Haeger.

But I agree, I would love a Garcia for Crisp trade.

Edited by Jake

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 09:26 AM)

Coco is not a centerfielder...if you saw him at all during that Boston series, he gets terrible jumps off of almost everything, the only thing that keeps him alive out there is his speed. Just think Mackowiak with some speed, and you have Coco Crisp as a centerfielder. IF they did get him, he'd play left, where he should be (corner outfield).

While I wouldn't mind Crisp in the right deal and think he would play better LF defense than Pods, is he really a huge improvement over Pods offensively, especially at leadoff?

Crisp: Career #'s: .331 OBP, .421 SLG, .286 Ave, .752 OPS, nearly 2:1 in K:BB, never more than 20 steals in a season. Granted he's got more power (15 HRs in 2004, 16 HRs in 2005), but has only 4 this season to date.

Pods: Career #'s: .345 OBP, .387 SLG, .278 Ave, .732 OPS, somewhat better K:BB (1.67), and already at 29 steals this season.

Even in a "down" year, Pods is outproducing Crisp. Crisp is 3 years younger, but both are in their fourth "full" year of the majors. Just thought this was interesting, as I expected Crisp to be an upgrade offensively and defensively based on the hype he got in Cleveland.

Gordon Edes: "The Sox this week offered center fielder Coco Crisp to the White Sox for left-handed All-Star Mark Buehrle, perhaps hoping that Buehrle's recent struggles might persuade White Sox GM Kenny Williams to move him. But the White Sox turned the deal down."

Podsednik and a prospect? When you get a chance pass the crack pipe.