Official Game Thread 8/5 - Sox vs Jays

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
Gosh damn.

At-bats like THOSE are why I still hold out a little bit of hope for Javy to turn it around. His pure stuff is nasty, and right there, that was a great job of attacking Cat. Couple of fastballs away, good movement to the corner, and that nasty slider down and in to finish him off.

:sigh So much f'n potential...

And it's why we should do everything in our power to get rid of Garcia in the offseason. Vazquez has been extremely disappointing this year...but at least you can see that he still has the ability to get hitters out without relying on rockets at the fielders.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
Gosh damn.

At-bats like THOSE are why I still hold out a little bit of hope for Javy to turn it around. His pure stuff is nasty, and right there, that was a great job of attacking Cat. Couple of fastballs away, good movement to the corner, and that nasty slider down and in to finish him off.

:sigh So much f'n potential...

His stuff is as nasty as it gets. If he can keep his brain focusing on the game and not let things ouf of his control bother him he would be fine. His slider looks better today, and he is keeping on top of things driving down. The Jury is out until we get to > pitch 75.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How does a championship level team or a team not named the Royals or Devil Rays make so many fishing dumb base running mistakes. Who the gosh darn sent Thome and why didnt Joey sent him back when it was going to be caught. Nice coaching and nice running.

It would be 2 to nothing. He can learn about baserunning in the intructional league.

1-0.

thomes walk puts runners at 1 & 3. PK base hit scores pods 1-0; thome to 2nd & PK on first. dye lines into dp thome out at second. how did you come up with 2-0? you should be sent to instructional league for scorekeeping. LOL! :gosox3:

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 03:31 PM)
1-0.

thomes walk puts runners at 1 & 3. PK base hit scores pods 1-0; thome to 2nd & PK on first. dye lines into dp thome out at second. how did you come up with 2-0? you should be sent to instructional league for scorekeeping. LOL! :gosox3:

Nice witty remark. Mensa is calling you.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 04:39 PM)
I don't want to sound like I'm complaining about a hit, but does anyone else think Crede should've been on third?

If he had any speed, yes, but Rios seemed to bounce off the wall pretty well and recognize where the ball was immediately.