Game Thread 8/9/06

Jake

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:37 PM)
let's hope against hope and wish upon a star!!!

That would be funny, but you were probably saying the game was over yesterday before the 9th even started.

It's NOT over, nor is this season. If you don't want to believe that, good for you, but you're wrong.

Edited by Felix

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:35 PM)
Are people still saying the Abreu trade won't help the Yankees that much?

Oh, and this inning has sucked all of the momentum out of the team that they gained last night. More and more, I'm starting to believe this team is like every other Sox team pre-2005. We just keep waiting for that magical spark to send us on that definitive streak, and it never comes or they never capitalize on said spark.

Mediocre top of the order. Pisspoor top of the order. Tons of power in-between. Mediocre starting pitching. Solid bullpen. The only thing that's missing is Frnak Thomas and me being in 9th grade again.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 01:37 AM)
I just want to say this:

Jon has pitched an amazing game. Without the umps f***ing him over, the score would not be as it is. Also the 2 HR's were hitters who were fooled and just threw their arms at the ball.

If we get this Jon Garland every game, we will win a s***load of games.

The Abreu homer was crushed. Garland's changeup is average at best, and a lot of damage is done on that pitch against him.

QUOTE(BFirebird @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 01:30 AM)
They are awful. Last night was bad and tonight isn't looking much better from the umps.

The Sox got every break known to man from umpires in the playoffs so blaming the umps is something Cub fans do. Abreu hit a bad changeup out, which many teams have done against Sox pitching all yr long. If I'm AJ, I'd never call another change again cuz it's never going to get to him.

QUOTE(champ @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)
Thank you Brian Gorman for just f***ing us over.

Garland struck out both Jeter and Abreu...that's some f***ing bulls*** calls. f*** you Gorman.

Brian Gorman is a piece of s***. Last year he ejected Buehrle without even giving out a warning to us. It ended Buehrle's streak for consecutive starts going 7 innings or more.

Brian Gorman is a piece of s*** umpire, just like Eric Cooper, Froemming, and Wendelstadt. (

QUOTE(Allsox @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 01:39 AM)
The Sox got every break known to man from umpires in the playoffs so blaming the umps is something Cub fans do. Abreu hit a bad changeup out, which many teams have done against Sox pitching all yr long. If I'm AJ, I'd never call another change again cuz it's never going to get to him.

Yeah, I have a hard time blaming umpires every game like what some people are doing. There's a particular announcer who's complaining about the umpires daily, even on pitches that were called correctly. That pitch to Abreu in question was a ball.

QUOTE(rafacosta @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:42 PM)
It is amazing...I am feeling sick of just watching these Sox games this week...

They are 7-4 in their last 11. If you are sick from that.. well.. you take it WAY too seriously.

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:40 PM)
and if you believe this team is going anywhere with their half assed effort and excuses for everything you're wrong

exactly!

so damn tired of hearing these fans saying everything will be ok and the season isnt over yet. there arent any signs of things turning around anytime soon

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:36 PM)
Quick question: which one of our starters is actually reliable?

No.

But people can continue reassuring themselves of our pitchers REGRESSING TO THE MEAN!

Ha, this team is really pressing. If we past the 7th without a hit I'm predicting a no-hitter. I'm not giving Johnson any credit on this day. Straight fastball and hanging sliders won't give that. Atleast Anthony Reyes featured superb location and perhaps one mistake.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 01:42 AM)
They are 7-4 in their last 11. If you are sick from that.. well.. you take it WAY too seriously.

Yeah, if they're sick now, I don't want to know what condition they were in 3 weeks ago. Keep up the effort to remain positive! I naturally don't post that way, but keep it going!

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
and if you believe this team is going anywhere with their half assed effort and excuses for everything you're wrong

You make it sound like we haven't won a game in 2 weeks.

It's August 9th and we are a half game up on the wildcard, half-assed effort? You're right last night was half-assed when our team battled their asses off to come back a couple of times and finally win it in the 11th.

QUOTE(zenryan @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:43 PM)
exactly!

so damn tired of hearing these fans saying everything will be ok and the season isnt over yet. there arent any signs of things turning around anytime soon

Oh, I'm sorry, have 162 games been played this year by the White Sox? No? Then the season isn't over.