AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

QUOTE(mwjd299 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 03:49 PM)
The Fox Announcers gave the "Player of the Game" to Kenny Rogers because all of Sox runs were unearned. That may be true, But the error by Carlos Guillen only extended the inning. Rogers gave up both key 2 out hits by Uribe and Anderson to tie the game. Whose fault was that? Anderson's average with runners in scoring position is only .146. That is a poor job of pitching by Rogers and he deserved the loss.

Uribe had a small problem with the relay to PK but was not charged with an error because an out was recorded on the play. So one could say that the runs off Buerhle were unearned, but not officially.

:gosox3:

So who would you have given the player of the game too then? Im' just curious.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mwjd299 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 03:49 PM)
The Fox Announcers gave the "Player of the Game" to Kenny Rogers because all of Sox runs were unearned. That may be true, But the error by Carlos Guillen only extended the inning. Rogers gave up both key 2 out hits by Uribe and Anderson to tie the game. Whose fault was that? Anderson's average with runners in scoring position is only .146. That is a poor job of pitching by Rogers and he deserved the loss.

Uribe had a small problem with the relay to PK but was not charged with an error because an out was recorded on the play. So one could say that the runs off Buerhle were unearned, but not officially.

:gosox3:

The funny thing is, all the runs Buerhle gave up shouldn't have scored either. Uribe took forever on the DP attempt, and didn't react very well on the leadoff single that inning. I thought Buerhle's outing was encouraging although I was displeased he once again didn't pick up the defense.

Also...we've won 3 straight and all, and we've actually looked good, so I'm not trying to ruin a buzz here or anything...but when.in.the.hell do you try something different against lefties? That's two early 40s lefties in a row that have come into Chicago and shut the offense down, and we continue to struggle against lefties. Does Ozzie not know how freakin pisspoor the top of the lineup is against lefties? I know he has faith in his guys and it's "working"...but it's not working, and blind faith does not win games, hitting, defending, and pitching well win games.

It's atleast worth a shot. Try it one time, move JD to 3 and Thome to 5, just for s***s and giggles. Please, Oz, I beg you.

QUOTE(Bonderman38 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 03:20 PM)
You can't say these games matter to the Tigers more than the Sox. The Sox came out on top, kudos to them, no problem. Tigers win tomorrow, 7.5 up, lose, still 5.5 which is a decent lead. If the Sox got swept it would've been much harder for them to win the division. I'm not saying that just because "the tides are turning"

Winning is contagious, as is losing.

Baseball is a game of streaks. The question now is how your team reacts when it hits a losing streak. You are in one, so we will see how they respond.

The remaining portion of the season should be fun to watch!

:gosox1:

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 03:52 PM)
So who would you have given the player of the game too then? Im' just curious.

Brian Anderson for his key 2 out hit to tie the game and a couple of fine catches in Center that he makes look easy. Rogers pitched a fine game but didn't have it when he needed it. Anderson came through in the clutch.

Nice to see Mark get back into a groove and also nice to see us cashing in on mistakes. I must say that one of my favorite parts of the game is how Ozzie managed the bullpen today. He actually let them win a darn game for us. I was very freakin impressed. Good Job, Oz.

Just a solid game all around. Mark had his inning, but overall, pitched a great game.

You might say that detroit "gave" this game away, but we still had to cash in on the opps and we did.

As rowand said, I'm not a big fan of ozzie's managing of the bullpen, but he did a great job today.

Just an A game all around.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 01:09 PM)
And you'd be saying what if the tables were turned?

Amazing how the tide is starting to turn and now the games don't matter as much?

GMAB.

When you have a cushion they don't matter as much. The Tigers control there own destiny and sure it sucks to lose to the Sox, but bottom line is we've beat em all year and we still haven't gotten within striking distance any time recently.

They don't have to beat us to win the division and they might not even have to go through us to get to the World Series. Ya, I take my chances in a 7 game series with the Tigers, but we got to do a lot more to get to them, they just have to play .500 ball and they are in, the Sox don't have that option.