2 major trades

dasox24

I think there can be 2 trades made that would help our team now and in the future.

1st Trade:

White Sox trade:

Bartolo Colon

Kelly Wunsch

Joe Borchard

Reds trade:

Austin Kearns

Chris Gruler

Wily Mo Pena

2nd Trade:

White Sox trade:

Damaso Marte

Frank Thomas

Yankess trade:

Nick Johnson

Mark Phillips

In the Reds trade we give them an ace pitcher that can help them clinch a very tight NL central division, a solid reliever, and Joe Borchard. Basically, in this trade, we are trading a player(Borchard) for another player who is a lot like Borchard(Kearns), but the only difference is is that Kearns has shown he can hit ML pitching and Borchard hasn't. We also get back two top prospects in return who are both high risk but high reward players. Pena has drawn comparisons to Sammy Sosa, and Gruler could be a very good #1-2 starter.

In the Yankees trade we give them major bullpen help in Marte and a rejuvanated Frank Thomas and we get back a young, solid hitting 1B and a young good pitching prospect.

Any feedback on these trades would be appreciated, whether it is bad or good. thanks

ugh i hate nick johnson, the ML's biggest slob and he's way overrated. you'd better get more than him and a prospect for marte and thomas, two of our best players.

I'm not that big of a fan of Johnson either...

Marte wont be traded anytime soon. atleast not till he hits arbitration.

No one is gonna take thomas's contract off our hands.

Kearnes would be the last of the OF'ers that the Reds would deal. First would be Griffey, then would be Guillen, then Dunn, and finally Kearnes.

And the deal for the Yankees would never get done, as the Yankees don't want to add long term RH power payroll. They want lefty power, and a LFer.

Welcome Aboard Dasox24

I like Kearns more then Dunn. I think both are good, but I really think Austin will be a more complete player.

I'd love to acquire one of them though along with Willy Mo Pena.

I don't think we should be trading Borchard though, but instead moving the arms for prospects and move Konerko and Jose. Heck, if Thomas keeps hitting we may be able to unload him too.

I'm sorry, but I want the contracts the Sox were stuck with gone and some great young talent in here. Then in a year or so, theSox won't be bogged down and some of the players will develop into a good nucleus and they can spend some money to finish the team off.

I think there can be 2 trades made that would help our team now and in the future.

1st Trade:

White Sox trade:

Bartolo Colon

Kelly Wunsch

Joe Borchard

Reds trade:

Austin Kearns

Chris Gruler

Wily Mo Pena

2nd Trade:

White Sox trade:

Damaso Marte

Frank Thomas

Yankess trade:

Nick Johnson

Mark Phillips

In the Reds trade we give them an ace pitcher that can help them clinch a very tight NL central division, a solid reliever, and Joe Borchard. Basically, in this trade, we are trading a player(Borchard) for another player who is a lot like Borchard(Kearns), but the only difference is is that Kearns has shown he can hit ML pitching and Borchard hasn't. We also get back two top prospects in return who are both high risk but high reward players. Pena has drawn comparisons to Sammy Sosa, and Gruler could be a very good #1-2 starter.

In the Yankees trade we give them major bullpen help in Marte and a rejuvanated Frank Thomas and we get back a young, solid hitting 1B and a young good pitching prospect.

Any feedback on these trades would be appreciated, whether it is bad or good. thanks

First off, Kearns isn't going anywhere. Secondly, Pena has no more options, and will not clear waivers. so he would either rot on our bench or we would have to make another trade so we could put him somewhere. Also, Pena struck out 1 out of three atbats in AA before he was brought up and exhausted his options. So playing him would be an extreme risk.

The Yankees won't give up Johnson. Steinbrenner loves him. Thomas is turning things around, but the Yankees are actually trying to get a little younger. Bringing in Frank does not help them in that sense.

IMO, both trades would be turned down.

But I can tell they were well thought out, its too bad KW does not have your creativity.

1st Trade:

White Sox trade:

Bartolo Colon

Kelly Wunsch

Joe Borchard

Reds trade:

Austin Kearns

Chris Gruler

Wily Mo Pena

2nd Trade:

White Sox trade:

Damaso Marte

Frank Thomas

Yankess trade:

Nick Johnson

Mark Phillips

First off, Kearns isn't going anywhere. Secondly, Pena has no more options, and will not clear waivers. so he would either rot on our bench or we would have to make another trade so we could put him somewhere. Also, Pena struck out 1 out of three atbats in AA before he was brought up and exhausted his options. So playing him would be an extreme risk.

The Yankees won't give up Johnson. Steinbrenner loves him. Thomas is turning things around, but the Yankees are actually trying to get a little younger. Bringing in Frank does not help them in that sense.

But I can tell they were well thought out, its too bad KW does not have your creativity.

Wait, did Wily Mo Pena sign a major league contract when he was drafted because I just remembered hearing something about that when he was drafted but I didnt know if he ended up signing one. If he did sign a major league contract, i guess that would explain why so many people seem against picking him up.

By the way, thanks for all the feedback!

1st Trade:

White Sox trade:

Bartolo Colon

Kelly Wunsch

Joe Borchard

Reds trade:

Austin Kearns

Chris Gruler

Wily Mo Pena

2nd Trade:

White Sox trade:

Damaso Marte

Frank Thomas

Yankess trade:

Nick Johnson

Mark Phillips

Both trades would be rejected immediately.

Pena is on a Major League contract and is out of options. He has unbelievable raw skills, but it still just that, very raw. He puts on a show during batting practice, but can't convert that to games.

He is not ready for the big leagues, but the Reds (or any team he might be traded to) don't want to risk losing a player with potential All-Star tools.

Im really beginning to love Colon and I really doubt that Kearns or either of the other two prospects would help us any. And I dont want anyone who can be compared to SamME.

As for trading Frank, never. I am his biggest fan and I would never vote to see him gone. I dont like Johnson either. Marte and Frank are two of our best players, and as I said, Id never want to see Frank go.

Well thought out as to what both those teams need but I hope neither of those trades are made...

1st Trade:

White Sox trade:

Bartolo Colon

Kelly Wunsch

Joe Borchard

Reds trade:

Austin Kearns

Chris Gruler

Wily Mo Pena

2nd Trade:

White Sox trade:

Damaso Marte

Frank Thomas

Yankess trade:

Nick Johnson

Mark Phillips

In the Reds trade we give them an ace pitcher that can help them clinch a very tight NL central division, a solid reliever, and Joe Borchard.  Basically, in this trade, we are trading a player(Borchard) for another player who is a lot like Borchard(Kearns), but the only difference is is that Kearns has shown he can hit ML pitching and Borchard hasn't.  We also get back two top prospects in return who are both high risk but high reward players.  Pena has drawn comparisons to Sammy Sosa, and Gruler could be a very good #1-2 starter.

Neither trade helps Sox longterm :huh:

IMO:

We are going nowhere if we don't start doing what the smart teams do, trade lower prospects for good players who will command many dollars.

i.e. trade 3 prospects who are not going to pan out to the Royals for Beltran, etc.

I'm sick of us trading established players.

Good GMs pull off the kind of trades I am referring to.

Im really beginning to love Colon and I really doubt that Kearns or either of the other two prospects would help us any. And I dont want anyone who can be compared to SamME.

As for trading Frank, never. I am his biggest fan and I would never vote to see him gone. I dont like Johnson either. Marte and Frank are two of our best players, and as I said, Id never want to see Frank go.

Well thought out as to what both those teams need but I hope neither of those trades are made...

Most of the time, you have to give up good players to get good players in return, well, at least when the other GM isnt KW. And admit it, we're definately out of contention this season so why not try to brighten our future?

Yes I definately think that those trades will help us longterm, but theres a slim to none chance of them getting through.

1st Trade:

White Sox trade:

Bartolo Colon

Kelly Wunsch

Joe Borchard

Reds trade:

Austin Kearns

Chris Gruler

Wily Mo Pena

2nd Trade:

White Sox trade:

Damaso Marte

Frank Thomas

Yankess trade:

Nick Johnson

Mark Phillips

In the Reds trade we give them an ace pitcher that can help them clinch a very tight NL central division, a solid reliever, and Joe Borchard.  Basically, in this trade, we are trading a player(Borchard) for another player who is a lot like Borchard(Kearns), but the only difference is is that Kearns has shown he can hit ML pitching and Borchard hasn't.  We also get back two top prospects in return who are both high risk but high reward players.  Pena has drawn comparisons to Sammy Sosa, and Gruler could be a very good #1-2 starter.

Willy Mo Peña?? Please!!! Where do you get this stuff. That trade does nothing for the Sox.

Nick Johnson Sucks.. I'll pass. Why would we wanna trade our best lefty outta of the Pen? And the Yanks already had Marte once

can someone explain to me why my post got posted twice?

Just wanted to help refine your Rodney joke in your sig-because it is one of the all time greats.It should read-"My wife-she likes to talk dirty to me when she's having sex.The other night-she called me from the Holiday INN!"

(crash-snare)

another favorite-"yeah-I wasn't sure that my wife was cheating on me until the other day.I went and bought a used car, and found one of her dresses in the backseat!"

(crash-snare)

"I went to the dentist the other day-I said "Doc,what can I do about my yellow teeth?!"He says"Wear a brown tie!"

(crash-snare)

I'm telling ya-it's tough.I don't get no respect............

Sorry,to interupt-now,back to the trade talk.

K-Y