Hey, Freddy! Suck my rooster!

Gene Honda Civic

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 06:36 PM)
Nuke, Freddy would need a big pressure gas station to succeed. Perhaps if he worker at a very dangerous gas station, say one that gets robbed a lot.

One that sells a lot of *that* herb.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 06:37 PM)
Yeah, Might I suggest Gary Indiana?

:D

Nuke, do you really think Freddy could pitch for the Gary RailCats? They have the most expensive park of any minor league team. However, the minute Freddy hit the mound, balls would be flying onto the Indiana Tollroad causing massive ltraffic acidents and lawsuits against the teams.

Now if Freddy was pumping gas, he would need somebody to blame for the high price of gas. The sox offense is out. Hmmmm ... Freddy would need a scape goat.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 06:48 PM)
Nuke, do you really think Freddy could pitch for the Gary RailCats? They have the most expensive park of any minor league team. However, the minute Freddy hit the mound, balls would be flying onto the Indiana Tollroad causing massive ltraffic acidents and lawsuits against the teams.

Now if Freddy was pumping gas, he would need somebody to blame for the high price of gas. The sox offense is out. Hmmmm ... Freddy would need a scape goat.

Dude. The Gary RailCats would cut him in a New York Minute. Pumping gas is his only option and I think there are several stations in the city that now feature bulletproof glass for him to hide behind.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 06:49 PM)
Dude. The Gary RailCats would cut him in a New York Minute. Pumping gas is his only option and I think there are several stations in the city that now feature bulletproof glass for him to hide behind.

I was just outside of Gary once and saw these 3 guys get out of a car with baseball bats and start beating the hell out of this other dude that was pumping gas. They beat him senseless and they serously messed up his car. And the other people and the station just stood there and watch like it was no big thing. I feel like the guy that got beat up after watching Freddy pitch.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 06:36 PM)
Nuke, Freddy would need a big pressure gas station to succeed. Perhaps if he worker at a very dangerous gas station, say one that gets robbed a lot.

98250017.jpg

Looks like a promising site for work. You know it's a bad area when the liquor store is conjoined with a gas station.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 06:52 PM)
I was just outside of Gary once and saw these 3 guys get out of a car with baseball bats and start beating the hell out of this other dude that was pumping gas. They beat him senseless and they serously messed up his car. And the other people and the station just stood there and watch like it was no big thing. I feel like the guy that got beat up after watching Freddy pitch.

It was no big thing in a town like that. You gotta kill at least 3 people before you attract the attention of law enforcement around there.

That being the case, I think Gary would be a perfect new home for Freddy. He can smoke all the ganja he wants without drawing so much as a second glance from anyone.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)
98250017.jpg

Looks like a promising site for work. You know it's a bad area when the liquor store is conjoined with a gas station.

If Freddy was "dirty pee" he could not get hired there.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)
It was no big thing in a town like that. You gotta kill at least 3 people before you attract the attention of law enforcement around there.

That being the case, I think Gary would be a perfect new home for Freddy. He can smoke all the ganja he wants without drawing so much as a second glance from anyone.

Murder is only a $15 fine in Gary, like a parking ticket.

Thank God that Jeremy Reed did not pan out or this would be even worse to stomache.

I have a hard time getting mad at FG for what he said, obviously he said it after a frustrating outing.

That said, dude is dead weight and he should have dealt at the deadline when he had at least some value.

He has "negative value" right now and he will have to packaged with a prospect to be gotten rid of most likely.

I wonder if the Sox can just buy out his contract and send his ass packing next season.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 11:26 PM)
While Freddy might be beyond frusrating right now,teams like Cinny, Texas, Tampa, ect could use some veteran help in the pen. I really beleive you could still find a deal that could get you back some mid to upper level prospects for Freddy, a team desperate for some help. We might need to cover some, if not alot of the tab, but with the sellouts this season, along with me not seeing us go after any big money names, I dont think that would be a problem.

Yea, I would not at all be opposed to throwing some team around 5 million to take him off our hands in return for some decent pitching prospects.

The farm is bare right now.

Garcia's got a lot of nerve taking a shot at the offense, especially how they gave him a ton of run support the first 3 months of the season - without the offense, his record would look more like 6-12.

I don't think he's hurt, and I don't think he was on steroids (unless you could grind them up and smoke 'em in a bong) - I just think he's an aging pitcher who has logged his fair share of innings and is gradually "losing it."

But he needs to shut his fukking trap and start learning to fool hitters by pitching, instead of just throwing meatballs up to the plate. He'll be gone after the season, and I can't say that I'll miss him all that much. Smoke this, ragarm.

From WhiteSox.Com Scott Merkin:

No excuses: Freddy Garcia pointed an indirect finger at a lack of offensive support following his Friday setback, mentioning that "if we don't really hit too much, where are we going to be?"

Guillen, who is the last one to make excuses when his team gets beat, didn't exactly back up Garcia's sentiment.

"I think that comment was unnecessary," Guillen said. "Players can say whatever they want to say, because it's their right, but we gave the lead to Freddy a couple of times and they tied the game a couple of times.

"Sometimes people should blame themselves when things happen. When we lose, we lose together. When we win, we win together. Comments like that, sometimes you say stuff, but when you have a 5.00 or 6.00 ERA, it's not easy, either."

The White Sox manager quickly added that Garcia is not the only starter with an inflated ERA, primarily because of the offensive potency among AL hitters. But Guillen also pointed out that the offense has carried the White Sox to their Wild Card lead in 2006.

"We are what we are because of our offense, no doubt about it," Guillen said. "We haven't pitched right yet. We've pitched good enough to win that many games."

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 11:54 PM)
HE'S A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PITCHER!!!!!! When Hawk Harrelson starts criticizing a White Sox player approach, something is definitely wrong. Maybe his birth certificate is wrong and he's really close to 40 instead of 30.

It's not so much his pitching as his frame of mind. He is to be blameless, shifting to the offense for his woes. This is a REAL bad sign, and KW can't put up with it. Garcia needs to GO ASAP. Even if what he says is true about lack of run support (which it isn't), he's only alienating the other players with comments like that. I see an alarming rift beginning to widen in that clubhouse. This team is definitely in trouble. They have such incredible talent that they might win nevertheless, but there is DEFINITELY little, if any chemistry to channel each individual's efforts into positive results on the field.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 10:14 PM)
Thank God that Jeremy Reed did not pan out or this would be even worse to stomache.

I have a hard time getting mad at FG for what he said, obviously he said it after a frustrating outing.

That said, dude is dead weight and he should have dealt at the deadline when he had at least some value.

He has "negative value" right now and he will have to packaged with a prospect to be gotten rid of most likely.

I wonder if the Sox can just buy out his contract and send his ass packing next season.

Remember that this isn't the only incident where Freddy has publicly disrespected his teammates. He's thrown baby fits on the mound after his defense made errors behind him.

What's happening is that Freddy knows he's a worse pitcher than he recently used to be, and he needs everything to fall into place for him to succeed. When everything doesn't work perfectly for him, he knows he's exposed for the bad pitcher he now is. I imagine being a declining athlete is a very tough mental state to be in, but that doesn't give him excuse to insult his teammates.

Edited by shoota

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 10:55 PM)
Hey Freddy, the staffs new big game pitcher showed you how it's done tonight. Take notes, and quit whining about not getting a win when you give up 4 runs. I will boo you next time I see you, even if you play for us.

No s***, Garland really has become a big-game pitcher. He's stopped the bleeding repeatedly this year.