8/25 Game Thread Sox vs. Twins

Wedge

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 05:41 PM)
Tribe doing its part, for the record.

for the record, mauer is pretty damn good.

going to be a b**** to deal with until he's a free agent and goes to the Yankees.

Eh, I think the Yankees might need to find a catcher before he hits FA...got what, 5-6 more years give or take whatever hometown contract the Twins give him once they get their new ballpark? I don't think Posada's going to last that many years, personally.

The Red Sox on the other hand...I could see Varitek lasting that long.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 07:43 PM)
God I wish Vazquez didn't have to pitch this series. Or at least I wish he was matched up against Santana. I don't care how good he looks in the first inning, having him on the mound just scares the Hell out of me.

If he was matched with Johan, then we can assume we'd probably lose the game anyway...and I think he's got the worst chances of anyone on our team of pulling a good game out of his ass right now.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you, i think Javy is going to make us forget about Chris Young tonight, and from the season here on out.

:: :pray Javy don't make me eat crow ::

QUOTE(beautox @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 05:45 PM)
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you, i think Javy is going to make us forget about Chris Young tonight, and from the season here on out.

:: :pray Javy don't make me eat crow ::

Certainly all the evidence supports you.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 05:47 PM)
We definitely need a new 1-2 punch next year.....

I think #2 is still doing just fine. 1 however...

Ok, we've really got to get to Radke here. I think we all know what happens when you don't get to him early.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 12:47 AM)
We definitely need a new 1-2 punch next year.....

Iguchi just seems to be lacking focus at the plate now. He's been very streaky from game to game this season, which is symbolized by having a lot of 3 hit games this year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 05:45 PM)
Another amazing AB from Pods. If he has a terrible night tonight, he might lose his starting position by the time Sunday comes around.

And somehow, he'll lose it to Cintron. Because you know we have to put a lefty in CF against all right handed pitchers, because BRIAN ANDERSON CAN'T HIT RIGHTIES AND WE'VE GOT TO REST HIM UP FOR WINTERBALL.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 07:45 PM)
Another amazing AB from Pods. If he has a terrible night tonight, he might lose his starting position by the time Sunday comes around.

Meh. Ozzie doesn't like to change things around. Pods could go 0 for the next 5 days and he'd still be playing.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 05:48 PM)
I think #2 is still doing just fine. 1 however...

Ok, we've really got to get to Radke here. I think we all know what happens when you don't get to him early.

Gooch is too inconsistent and strikesout out too much for a #2 hitter, I'd rather seem him moved down to the 6th or 7th spot...

QUOTE(Chopper2Hopper @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 07:49 PM)
Yeah, I still have confidence in this team this year, but I'm already very excited about next year, just because of who I know we won't have.

I too feel that way, should i feel bad about it?

Great start!!! You can never hit them out far enough with Hunter out there. Just as I blame our pitchers for dumb pitch selection, there's no way he should have thrown PK an outside fastball there. PK has been struggling with the changeup for a few weeks now.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(beautox @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 05:50 PM)
I too feel that way, should i feel bad about it?

No, if for no other reason than the fact that it's impossible for me to imagine that some of these guys in the starting 5 won't revert towards their career numbers. Each and every one of them is having a worse year than what they should be having, and in baseball, usually that evens out at some point.