8/25 Game Thread Sox vs. Twins

Wedge

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 06:15 PM)
Nice to have a base coach ruin the momentum of an ass kicking start.

If we lose ... it's all on Joey.

I'm about to pull an Enrico Palazzo on him if this $hit keeps up.........Oh goodie, Radke Out!! Tha's not good for the Twins

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 06:18 PM)
I missed the first 2.1 innings (saw the DP!), so someone explain to me why Cora sucks this time?

2nd and 3rd, 1 out, base hit by Mack to LF, 1 run scores, Cora sends Gload from 2nd, thrown out at home, Podsednik out, inning over.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 09:20 PM)
It was a rocket, one hop single to a charging Tyner in LF.

I didn't see it, but I don't remember Tyner having a decent arm, and Gload has pretty good speed. I'd have probably sent him too, but thats without knowing where the ball/runner was when it happened.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 08:21 PM)
Plus he had the ball well before Gload even was turning at third. The hot dog guy could of thrown him out from the OF on that one.

The throw was gunned straight to the catcher. Its not like he was out half way down the line.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 01:21 AM)
I didn't see it, but I don't remember Tyner having a decent arm, and Gload has pretty good speed. I'd have probably sent him too, but thats without knowing where the ball/runner was when it happened.

Tyner has a lot of assists recently though, as he does a great job of getting rid of the ball quickly. With two outs, it's the right call. But with one out and Radke having NOTHING on the mound, I thought it was a brutal call.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 06:19 PM)
Have we ever done good against Guerrier?

Not that i can remember. As much as i like to see Radke possibly hurt for the TWins, he was looking very hittable tonite. I hope that 2nd inning doesn't come back to haunt us

Edited by CYGarland