And That's a White Sox Loser

fathom

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ive stopped believin @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 09:25 PM)
To put it in tennis terms (in honor of the U.S. Open) Game. Set. Match. Season. It's over

im as pissed off as anyone about the absolute goddamn sh*tty way we have been playing and all these bullsh*t losses we've been goign through...and the fact that forking freddy garcia can't hold an opponent to under 5 runs....and every other thing that has been going wrong......but if you are cashing in the chips on this season, and actually call yourself a real fan then as far as im concerned you can stop believing and go jump on some other team....f*cking a..we are a half game back with 3 against minny still left and you are giving up...people like you give real sox fans a bad name

What about the O. No condemnation for a supposed good O being dominated by a horrible, middle reliever.

Lots of blame to the offense.

Pathetic effort against that starter/reliever hack.

It still woulda been nice to claim the 2-1 victory.

Too bad we couldn't complete the deal. Walks always always are killers.

I don't know about the Liriano thing -- sometimes guys come back, feel healthy and just aren't the same anyway (Contreras for one). But I do agree that this team is in deep trouble.

My concern is that there's a cloud over this team. And it's the same cloud that came over this group last September. That crew came out of it because (1) we got good pitching in a series at home against Minnesota (including McCarthy); and (2) Grady Sizemore lost a ball in the sun in Kansas City.

I'm looking for some such event now, because we need it.

As for today, add Carlos Pena to the Melky Cabrera Society. Travis Hafner is a charter member. In other words, McCarthy's made a real habit of low fastballs to lefties being deposited in the right field stands. I stll say that he's been misused all year long, and the stubborness in that regard is maddening. But I'm just tired of talking about it, as many others here are. And the fact that Vazquez pitches tomorrow will be salt in the wounds, at least for me.

This year has been mismanaged -- with reputation, salary and preserving trade value being the important factors, apparently -- from the start. It's ridiculous.

We're lucky to be where we are. And where we are is headed down.

just think. we need one thing to bring this whole season together. we'll hit a stretch and destroy that cloud and win it all

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 02:35 AM)
Too bad we dont have the 8 game cushion in september to turd through this year. When we decide to play like crap for a few months.

You mean the typical late season swoon? I just find it amazing that Frank Thomas has really turned it on for a great 2nd half team, and Thome (who's always been a great 2nd half player) isn't playing as well as he could be.

QUOTE(SinkingShip06 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 09:34 PM)
just think. we need one thing to bring this whole season together. we'll hit a stretch and destroy that cloud and win it all

Yeah, like a well-pitched series of games (like, say, 3 in a row).

Or some break to get this team out of its funk. Because, if you haven't noticed, our guys look like they're dead out there (seen Podsednik's face lately? Konerko's?). Just like they looked until Sizemore dropped that ball last year.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 02:38 AM)
Time to turn on the PFB show for comedy.

"McCarthy just needs confidence in close games. He's going to be fine down the stretch when he gets confidence."

"Podsednik had a bunt hit tonight. That's going to give him confidence the rest of this season that he can use his speed."

QUOTE(daa84 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 09:32 PM)
im as pissed off as anyone about the absolute goddamn sh*tty way we have been playing and all these bullsh*t losses we've been goign through...and the fact that forking freddy garcia can't hold an opponent to under 5 runs....and every other thing that has been going wrong......but if you are cashing in the chips on this season, and actually call yourself a real fan then as far as im concerned you can stop believing and go jump on some other team....f*cking a..we are a half game back with 3 against minny still left and you are giving up...people like you give real sox fans a bad name

I am not agreeing with him but this team needs to show that it actually wants to win. A subtle thing, in Friday's game when podsednik grounded out to start the 9th, he took one step past the bag and turned to the dugout. If a player is running hard he should be through the bag and to the outfield grass. This team appears to have no heart whatsoever. I want to think they do and keep telling myself they do but I just do not see it. I see no hustle, plenty of wasted at bats. By wasted at bats I mean 2-0 pop ups and 1,2 or 3 pitch at bats. Not making the pitcher work.

The silver lining in all of this is that there is less then four weeks left to have to watch the worthless piece of s*** that is scott podesednik and his tiresome sidekick juan uribe.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 02:39 AM)
I was just wondering if this trend of bad basesball after the All star game is going to keep going as long as Ozzie is here this is his third year and every year They play better in the first half then the second

It started before Ozzie got here.

Remember how excited the Twins dugout was the whole series two weeks ago? Hell, in the 9th inning of tonight's game, Ozzie was resting his head on his hand in the dugout, and the guys by the ledge looked like they were asleep. These guys just need to have fun and stop playing not to lose.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 09:40 PM)
I am not agreeing with him but this team needs to show that it actually wants to win. A subtle thing, in Friday's game when podsednik grounded out to start the 9th, he took one step past the bag and turned to the dugout. If a player is running hard he should be through the bag and to the outfield grass. This team appears to have no heart whatsoever. I want to think they do and keep telling myself they do but I just do not see it. I see no hustle, plenty of wasted at bats. By wasted at bats I mean 2-0 pop ups and 1,2 or 3 pitch at bats. Not making the pitcher work.

The silver lining in all of this is that there is less then four weeks left to have to watch the worthless piece of s*** that is scott podesednik and his tiresome sidekick juan uribe.

i got no problem with anyone calling our team out for just about anything...i got a problem with sox "fans" giving up hope when we are .5 games out of the playoffs

Or some break to get this team out of its funk. Because, if you haven't noticed, our guys look like they're dead out there (seen Podsednik's face lately? Konerko's?). Just like they looked until Sizemore dropped that ball last year.

sizemore's dropped ball didn't do anything. this team played better when there was no pressure. when they won the division. up until that point they were tight enough to turn a coal to a diamond.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 09:42 PM)
i got no problem with anyone calling our team out for just about anything...i got a problem with sox "fans" giving up hope when we are .5 games out of the playoffs

The sad thing is...I wish I could give up and walk away say it is over and wait until next year. Instead I am thinking we win one of the next two and let Det and Minny beat each other over the weekend and get on a roll out west.

I also get pissed because we were schooled by Julian Taveraz have gone 2-4 in the last 6 against KC and could not finish sweeps against KC, Baltimore or Tampa Bay.

God I hate this s***.

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 09:39 PM)

This is what has been termed corpseball. It is a lifeless effort, where you make a crappy pitcher seem like Cy Young.

In the 2nd half, our teams play tight, and then try to hit home runs instead of doing the little things to score the runs. Our guys are all trying to hit moon shots over the monster, instead of getitng on, hitting the other way, hitting line drives.

I am quite sick of Konerko's and AJ's suicide shrugs, slash bat slams after they dont come through. Stop acting like a child, and come up with a better plan the next time you come up to the plate.

AJ talked about his lack of homers all the time on the Mike North show in the first half, then something changed. His over 300's BA has plummetted and he has become a one trick pony.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 09:40 PM)

The "heart" of this team got "transplanted" to Philadelppphia