Detroit fans

bzhippos

Anyone go onto the tigers page?

The poll question is which team is not going to make it to the playoffs them us or the twins.

No doubt we are leading in votes by a lot.

Is it just because we won last year that we are constantly crapped on?

I think everyone is rooting for us to fail this year except for us fans.

:gosox1:

I have a number of clients in Chicago who are Tiger fans - none of them think that the Tigers are going to hold on... Maybe it's only Twins fans that are feeling confident right now but, Chicago based Tiger fans are shaking in their boots (like us during the slide last year). The fact that we have played this inconsistently and are still within striking distance of the division is amazing. With Twins v. Tigers this weekend, it's all up to the Sox to control their own destiny. Outside of that, the bad feelings aimed at the Pale Hose after last season are understandable. We have a history of bad blood with Twins and the Tigers (who can forget the brawl in 2000 or more recently Cuddyer saying the only team that he doesn't want to make it in the playoffs are the Sox). The reality is it's up to us to win it for ourselves and we can't count on more gifts than we've been given by the rest of our division. GO SOX!!!

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)
I don't know about the poll, but I have notice that the Tigers fans have disappeared quicker than a buffet table at the Williams household since their slump began.

I just haven't had much to say. I've stopped by to read what everyone was saying, but I figure if I don't have anything intelligent to say I shouldn't post.

I have NO IDEA who will make it. This weekend will be telling but its not the final call. It should be fun, extremely maddening but fun.

QUOTE(MichiganBorn @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 01:52 PM)
I just haven't had much to say. I've stopped by to read what everyone was saying, but I figure if I don't have anything intelligent to say I shouldn't post.

I have NO IDEA who will make it. This weekend will be telling but its not the final call. It should be fun, extremely maddening but fun.

That makes you a better poster than lots :P

yeah it is going to be an interesting finish to the end gate this year... three teams, two spots, and every team can control their own destiny. You can't ask for anymore than that.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 06:40 PM)
I don't know about the poll, but I have notice that the Tigers fans have disappeared quicker than a buffet table at the Williams household since their slump began.

Even if they end up making the playoffs, I get a nice little laugh out of what the Tigers fans are going through right now. We were going through the same exact thing last season, where your team seems invincible for about the first 60 pct of the season....and then it just seems to slowly fall apart. It worked out in the long run for us last year, but will the Tigers rebound? I sure hope they sweep the Twins this weekend.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
If it came down to it, I'd rather see them in the playoffs (along with us of course) than those bastards from Minnesota.

Who wouldn't? Even without Radke, facing Santana, Liriano, and Garza/Bonser/Baker is hella scary. Amazing how those guys stepped up, considering by some by the Twins were "done".

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 02:10 PM)
Who wouldn't? Even without Radke, facing Santana, Liriano, and Garza/Bonser/Baker is hella scary. Amazing how those guys stepped up, considering by some by the Twins were "done".

Well that is hella scary, but I also just hate the Twins and their stupid ass fans. :)

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 01:15 PM)
Detroit is the worst city in our fine nation, but Twins fans are way worse than Tigers ones.

Although it is a Metropolis Cesspool, the Detroit fans have been very good considering. I wanna shut up the Minnesota fans once and for all. They talk too much s**t for their own good. I'd like nothing more than have the Tigers sweep 'em. With Liriano back in the rotation, they're not going to go away, I'm afraid. I just hope Cleveland cools off some while we play them, 'cause the Sox could very well be swept themselves.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)

Hello. I've been here.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)
B****ES

Thank you.

Most tigers fans that I know are getting a little more frusterated by the day. As much as I want to laugh, I still remind them of the white sox run last year. Anything goes once the playoffs get here. I just hope its the white sox and tigers and not the twins in there.

QUOTE(IloveGload @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 01:23 PM)
Anyone go onto the tigers page?

The poll question is which team is not going to make it to the playoffs them us or the twins.

No doubt we are leading in votes by a lot.

Is it just because we won last year that we are constantly crapped on?

I think everyone is rooting for us to fail this year except for us fans.

:gosox1:

I think it's the fact that the Sox have played like garbage the whole second half of the season. What are we, about 4-5 games under .500 since the break. Doesn't sound like a playoff team to me.

On the flip side, the talent is there to turn it on. The question is when. I think we're more then overdue for a run based on the talent of this team. Bu it's not like the Sox just woke up and said 'Oh crap, we're in a pennant race and may not get in.' It's time to play with some sense of urgnecy like the Twins have done since June and most everyone had them written off for dead.

Bob

QUOTE(MichiganBorn @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 01:52 PM)

No offense intended to you as a Tigers fan, but I'd love to see the Twins and Sox sweep their series this weekend, just to make the Central a complete clusterf*** for the last 3 weeks of the season.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 07:20 PM)
No offense intended to you as a Tigers fan, but I'd love to see the Twins and Sox sweep their series this weekend, just to make the Central a complete clusterf*** for the last 3 weeks of the season.

That wouldn't exactly help the Sox now would it?

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 08:08 PM)
No, pulling into a virtual tie with the Tigers and Twins would be awful.

You're assuming the Sox sweep the Indians which I just don't see happening. The best case scenerio would be a Tigers sweep.

Tigers Sweep Sox Sweep: 3.5 game lead in the WC, 4.5 GB in the division

Tigers Sweep Sox get Swept: .5 GB in the WC, 8.5 GB in the division

Twins Sweep Sox Sweep: .5 GB in the WC, .5 GB in the division

Twins Sweep Sox get Swept: 4.5 GB in the WC, 4.5 GB in the division

Now these are only the best and worst case scenerios for both situations but it does show how a Tigers sweep would be the best scenerio of the 2 simply because the worst case scenerio is not THAT devastating.