3/6/07: Rockies @ White Sox

Steve9347

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 02:58 PM)
Very possibly. Could be in left. Could be in center. But ain't no way Terrero is on the roster. Not a chance.

frankly i'd love Erstad, Anderson, Dye

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 03:00 PM)
I think Erstad starts in left and Anderson in center with Pods on the DL for at least the first three weeks of the season. At that point the Anderson 2007 campaign will be in week three and Erstad may be on his way to the DL.

Pods has already set a March 21 return date and from everything I've heard and read he's healing quite nicely and could be back and playing even before then. I wouldn't bet on a Pods DL stint to start the season, especially with Ozzie having his back and all.

QUOTE(Scwible @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 03:16 PM)
don't mind the extension for the price that people are paying for pitching.

yeah i agree. its a good contract with relatively low risk. hopefully it will help Javy's mental game to know he's locked up and no longer a journeyman

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 09:16 PM)
If Gil Meche signs a 5 year 55 million dollar contract and we get Javy for 3 years 34 million. I would say thats nice work by KW.

Yep, I don't mind that contract at all. Even if he puts up a 5 ERA, he's still giving you innings. In today's market, that means 10 mil per year.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 03:19 PM)
he makes less than Gil Meche

The Sox love 3-year deals with pitchers.

from what i can recall, they don't believe in long term deals for pitchers. The one they did do, they got burned on but the name of the player escapes me right now.

QUOTE(U can putitontheboarrrrd...YES @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 03:19 PM)
Who gives a s*** what Gil Meche got? Below market value or not, this contract sucks. 3 more years of '5 an out' Javi? Yeah, great move KW. ::)

see fathom's post.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 03:19 PM)
he makes less than Gil Meche

The Sox love 3-year deals with pitchers.

3 year deal is soooo much better than the alternative. Think if we locked him up for 5 years like the market is asking. I like the deal a ton. This really isnt that much of a raise, considering the market, thats a great move.

His salary in a much lower market over the past 3 years:

2004 New York Yankees $9,000,000

2005 Arizona Diamondbacks $11,000,000

2006 Chicago White Sox $12,000,000