Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 06:58 PM)

I gotta say, they sound pretty f***ing good.

Dave's live vocals still bother me, but Ed sounds fantastic and Wolf sounds better than I figured he would.

I still don't regret skipping it, but those who go should have a damn good time.

IMO this time out they really had something to prove, and they weren't going to do it unless it was good. The only way their age is showing, IMO, is they are less active on stage.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 11:10 AM)
I'd be happy if all I had was George Strait's catalog, I thought I'd share that. How about them cowgirls?

I'd think you might eventually get a tad bored...no? Or does George tickle your fancy that much?

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Sep 30, 2007 -> 06:47 PM)
If you go to Radiohead.com you can have a download of their new album sent to you on October 10nth for FREE
Link

Radiohead, one of the world's most influential rock bands, plans to sell its new album from its Web site as a digital download and let fans choose what they want to pay.

With music sales in decline globally for seven successive years, the industry is engaged in a debate over how best to reverse the trend.

Radiohead said its seventh studio album "In Rainbows" would be available from Radiohead.com from October 10 in MP3 format, meaning it can be played on all digital devices. In the latest twist in the move to digital music, fans can choose how much to pay, or can pay nothing if they prefer.

The band will also offer a special edition boxed set for 40 pounds ($82) which will be available later and will include two vinyl albums, a CD version of the new album and a second CD with additional new songs, artwork and photographs of the band.

Music observers said the British five-piece, which is no longer signed to a record label, is able to sell directly to its fans because it has such an established support base.

"They are the first band to put their money where their mouth is," Gareth Grundy, deputy editor of Q music magazine, told Reuters. "I think other bands that have been similarly successful will look and, if it is deemed to have worked, will do the same."

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 12:24 PM)
I'd think you might eventually get a tad bored...no? Or does George tickle your fancy that much?

eventually. I'd damn sure like to sing like him.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 06:33 PM)
Any thoughts on the new Foo Fighters album?

I'm biased Heads, but I like it. Its a different type of CD from track to track, not just 3 minutes of radio playable rock x11.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 05:33 PM)
Any thoughts on the new Foo Fighters album?

I listened to about 1/2 of it and thought it was O.K., and I am not a fan of thiers at all. But I was kind of liking some of it. I might finish listening to it soon.

the new FF is great! The last two albums were horrible IMO, but this one, while a little different, is pretty solid. there's a couple clunkers at the end of the album, but the good stuff overshadows that. "Long Road to Ruin" is awesome, and I love "Pretender". I'm interested to see what they'll play on tour. Looks like that Gil Norton hiring was a good thing.....

If you guys get a chance can you check out this link and watch the video, its Avenged Sevenfolds new song Almost Easy.. They said that if it gets to 150,000 views within 24 hours they'll release a never before seen live version of the song and ide really like to see that.. I don't even think you have to watch the video if you dont want to, I just want to get the view added to it

Its on youtube, so its no weird tricky link... here it is

"Almost Easy" by Avenged Sevenfold

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Oct 2, 2007 -> 12:26 PM)
the new FF is great! The last two albums were horrible IMO, but this one, while a little different, is pretty solid. there's a couple clunkers at the end of the album, but the good stuff overshadows that. "Long Road to Ruin" is awesome, and I love "Pretender". I'm interested to see what they'll play on tour. Looks like that Gil Norton hiring was a good thing.....

Metallica and Foo Fighters, I always find something to love about their albums no matter how much other people do not like this.

My favorite on the new FF is "Long Road to Ruin" as well.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 02:43 AM)
Dave Grohl is one of those few guys who exudes rock n roll.

See, I never saw that at all out of Grohl. Though I am not a fan of his band (or his period with Nirvana), I always liked him though. He is the main reason I keep giving Foo chances, just because he seems like one of the few genuine guys in mainstream music. But I never thought "Rock and Roll" at all when I thought of Grohl.

QUOTE(bmags @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 08:18 PM)
say what you want about arcade fire, they made an album that is "the" album for a lot of kids my age, our ok comp, our slanted and enchanted, our whatever yers was.

I gave it a few more listens, and I grew to like Neon Bible somewhat, but I just can't get into Funeral. I just don't get it.

If you guys are that hard up for music, we'll share OK Computer with ya, we're generous like that... :D

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Oct 3, 2007 -> 09:09 AM)
I gave it a few more listens, and I grew to like Neon Bible somewhat, but I just can't get into Funeral. I just don't get it.

If you guys are that hard up for music, we'll share OK Computer with ya, we're generous like that... :D

:lolhitting