White Sox vs. Cubs, 5/20/07 (W)

MHizzle85

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That lake causes bizarre weather. It's about 65 out here in the western burbs, with a nice sun peeking through the clouds every so often and a light breeze. PERFECT weather. But down by the lake, it's 50 with a strong wind and lots of clouds, brrr.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Chopper2Hopper @ May 20, 2007 -> 06:29 PM)
Do you really expect Thome to be healthy the rest of the year? Even if he is, someone will go down. Sweeney will be back.

I'd rather not see Sweeney back again this year. He needs to get so much stronger, and he also has to show he can hit AAA pitching consistently.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 20, 2007 -> 06:31 PM)
Erstad walks on 4 pitches, Gooch and AJ do jack s***. Way to go.

How sad is it that Zambrano and Marquis could hit like 4-5 for us?

I think it was more telling that yesterday, our 1-2-3 was supposed to be our 9-8-7 coming into this year.

I love Theriot's approach at the plate. With Lee and Thome out, he might have been the toughest out on either roster.

This umpire has a small strike zone....that's not good for Masset, as well as our group of hitters that aren't patient.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 20, 2007 -> 06:33 PM)
And here we have Masset's problem...throwing strikes and staying ahead in the count.

I thought it was getting out major league hitters?

The more I think about it, the more it pisses me off that we have no one in the minors we could call up to start this game. All we would have had to do is delay calling up Thome one day, and then send the pitcher down after the game.