Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 10:50 AM)
As lame as i thought it would be, the hot chick at the new Microsoft store in oak brook mall convinced me to shell out 150 clams on the new kinect system.. bought a couple games with it and i love it... i feel like im in the future. using only hand gestures to navigate menus. the Your Shape: Fitness Evolved game is really cool and the workouts they have you do really work, its not a gimmick. I was sweatin up a storm doing some of the cardio exercises in there. Bye bye xsport fitness gym, hello living room gym :) :headbang the current titles available are more for families or younger children, i imagine thats because the system itself is only about 4 days old.. im excited to see the direction Microsoft takes with this system.. the potential is basically limitless

really man? you like it

I didn't think it would cool at all, but of course that's because all of the games looked like children family games and im anti both of those things..

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 11:50 AM)
really man? you like it

I didn't think it would cool at all, but of course that's because all of the games looked like children family games and im anti both of those things..

i love it, ive burned 300 calories today in that workout game and man im beat, i cant even walk up the stairs.. couple more months and ill be able to take my shirt off when i walk around your house.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 02:09 PM)
i love it, ive burned 300 calories today in that workout game and man im beat, i cant even walk up the stairs.. couple more months and ill be able to take my shirt off when i walk around your house.

Do you really need to be 7 ft from the device?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 12:11 PM)
Do you really need to be 7 ft from the device?

not necessarily 7 ft but close.. i live in a small condo so the most i can eek out is about 6ft, and it recognizes me just fine. one rip off is the adapter that lets you clip the camera to the top of your television because its about 50 dollars. having the camera at around eye level is ideal for most of the games ive tried so far

Does anyone know if you can actually fly/drive cars and helicopters finally?

Also, if that commercial is any indication, Napalm will be a killstreak reward, awesome.

Edited by bigruss22

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 01:27 PM)
cant believe kobe is a n00b tuber.. this makes me an even bigger Lebron fan

Lol, yea I saw that too, can't stand the noob tube.

Thank god it is the most expensive attachment in this game and you can't pick up shells with the scavenger perk.

IGN gave Black Ops an 8.5, saying it's too much like MW2 and the game is like a Michael Bay movie.

G4TV gave it a 5/5, saying similar things, but not criticizing the game for any of it.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 9, 2010 -> 12:41 PM)
Played through the first mission, but had to stop midway through the second due to class...

I'll attempt to beat this thing today. Supposedly, singleplayer is 8-10 hours.

I'm jumping right into multiplayer, really am not a big campaign fan, I'll play it through quickly and be done with campaign.

Wish work would end so I could go get the game already.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Nov 9, 2010 -> 11:17 PM)
I guess level 20 is a good start for my first day of Black Ops

same, between massive math homework assignments all afternoon long and getting my butt kicked at capture the flag against T R U and his buddies. id say level 20 is a positive

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 9, 2010 -> 01:41 PM)
Supposedly, singleplayer is 8-10 hours.

False.. I got the game at midnight (where I had to stand in a line of 300 people) got home and popped it in around 1:30 and finished the campaign by 6:45 am

So that's about 5 hours or so of campaign.. however, I just wanted to knock it out so I could turn my attention to multiplayer so for those of you who look around or do whatever it is you choose to do with campaigns it may take you a little longer..

And this game is nothing like MW2 aside from having perks and stuff.. noob tubes don't dominate, and honestly I haven't even seen anyone using them yet, and the multiplayer is much, much more balanced that MW2.. its a far superior game

and Jose, I don't have blonde hair..

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 10, 2010 -> 02:35 PM)
At least they fixed the knifing glitch in Black Ops.

I really need more games for my playstation move, the pre packaged game is getting very old. I really want some sort of a COD type game for this bad boy.

MAG is the answer. That supports Move controls.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 10, 2010 -> 04:47 PM)
The guns you start off with in MP are horrible. I went around 20 kills below break even on K:D before I got my Enfield. I've been 40:25 in K:D since in 2 games.

The M16 isnt bad, Ive done fairly well with it. Hell, in my first game I went 18-6.

The hardest part for me is the maps, some are easy to figure out like Nuketown (one of my faves), but the forest one pisses me off.