Media Starting on Ozzie Deathwatch...

LVSoxFan

QUOTE(Allsox @ Jun 14, 2007 -> 04:16 PM)
If Ozzie's given up on the team, he would have stepped down as manager already. He's got too much pride to steal JR's money by packing it in himself.

You are damn right. There is no way Ozzie is giving up on the team. At least I would hope not. They need to just unload a few guys and try for next year. I wouldn't want anyone other than Guillen managing this ballclub . . .

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kageman129 @ Jun 21, 2007 -> 03:31 PM)
You are damn right. There is no way Ozzie is giving up on the team. At least I would hope not. They need to just unload a few guys and try for next year. I wouldn't want anyone other than Guillen managing this ballclub . . .

Not even Girardi, who just turned down the O's job?

QUOTE(Chopper2Hopper @ Jun 21, 2007 -> 04:40 PM)
Not even Girardi, who just turned down the O's job?

I've never been a big fan of him. Probably cause of the Yankees connection. I just like the way Ozzie manages. Well, except the bullpen.

Look I've been open to Ozzie criticism all year but c'mon! WTF is he supposed to DO with this team?

I've seen him try everything from juggle lineups to play good cop/bad cop with the bullpen and really, all the players.

Ozzie's managing doesn't make Tads drop s***ty bunts, or Uribe boot slightly-off throws he could have caught if he weren't lazy.

Ozzie's managing has nothing to do with the crap run production of... THE ENTIRE LINEUP. These men are paid millions to produce and they're all hovering around the Mendoza line?

I'll tell you what will happen if we fire Ozzie; he'll end up somewhere else and turn into the next Tony LaRussa.

If we want a fall guy, let's start with Greg Walker, then KW, and let's not forget the fire sale. But Ozzie is last on my list right now.

If he were managing the Yankees I'd say boot his ass, but he has nothing to work with.