And that's pretty much a White Sox season...

Jordan4life_2007

Personally, I have to go back to the mid 90's the last time I was this disgusted, appalled, ashamed, or whatever word you to use, with a White Sox team. Even in recent years, save 2005, when we came up short, the games were still fun and entertaining. I know we've been saying it for a while now. But after getting swept by the Cubs, something MASSIVE has to happen. Enough is enough. No waiting for guys to 'turn it around.' No waiting for injured players to come back. That's it. Let's all pray the demolition starts Monday. God I'm so ashamed. Is this what Cub fans go through every year? I have a new respect for them.

Edited by Jordan4life_2007

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 09:19 PM)
I wonder why no players have asked to be traded from this toilet of a team.

Jermaine Dye said he didn't care what team he played for....that's as close to seeing someone say they don't mind getting traded as you'll ever see. This isn't the NBA.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 04:20 PM)
This is the worst White Sox team I have seen in my lifetime.

There's no question. It can never possibly be as bad as it is this year, even if you brought back everyone from this year. It's just a spiraling nightmare that gets worse, even when you think it can't.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)
Jermaine Dye said he didn't care what team he played for....that's as close to seeing someone say they don't mind getting traded as you'll ever see. This isn't the NBA.

Players have asked to be traded. Manny never was traded. Paul Molitor asked to be traded to a contender. Knoblauch did it to the Twinks. Need I go on?

You know when the announcer starts a sentence, and you imagine the conclusion before he says it? When Hawk said, "This season", I immediately imagined the end of the sentence being "is ova."

I haven't been too worked up with the last few series, but I expected at least one win here. It's not very surprising -- just a little heavier, a little more finality, a little more somber. As bad as I thought they were, I managed to overestimate them. Putrid.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)
my must go list:

Mackowiak

Uribe

Gonzalez

Dye

Anderson

MacDougal

Thornton

Masset

Thome

Cintron

Bukvich.

Walker

You're f***ing kidding right?

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)
my must go list:

Mackowiak

Uribe

Gonzalez

Dye

Anderson

MacDougal

Thornton

Masset

Thome

Cintron

Bukvich.

Walker

Overreaching? I keep Masset, Thome, Thornton to start. and you can add Joey Cora to your fired list for the hell of it.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 04:28 PM)
Overreaching? I keep Masset

WHY? What has this kid ever done at any level (outside of 20 innings in the Mexican League) to warrant the rope that you people give him?

His minor league numbers are mediocre to bad. He was put on Waivers in the middle of the '05 season about the same time we (re)claimed Ryan Wing. We found room for Wing, but not Masset. Then 18-20 months later, despite more mediocre-to-s***ty production, Masset is viewed by many (for reasons unknown) as a future starter and a centerpiece to the future of the club.

Masset sucks. just like the other guys we've claimed since Jenks; Sierra, Wing, Tucker, all garbage.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 02:44 PM)
WHY? What has this kid ever done at any level (outside of 20 innings in the Mexican League) to warrant the rope that you people give him?

His minor league numbers are mediocre to bad. He was put on Waivers in the middle of the '05 season about the same time we (re)claimed Ryan Wing. We found room for Wing, but not Masset. Then 18-20 months later, despite more mediocre-to-s***ty production, Masset is viewed by many (for reasons unknown) as a future starter and a centerpiece to the future of the club.

Masset sucks. just like the other guys we've claimed since Jenks; Sierra, Wing, Tucker, all garbage.

So....how many teams are going to give us a ton for him then?

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 09:44 PM)

They need to send him to the minors to see if he can become a starter. It's pathetic he's been on the major league roster as long as he has been.

I grew up in Pittsburgh and was a die hard Pirates fan until '93/'94 when I lost interest in baseball. Aside from 1991 and 1992 when they were a hell of a team, I was used to disappointment. Now being a White Sox fan, I am appalled by the way this team is playing. So much talent is being wasted because of poor management and a lack of trying. I think I'm going to start following the Pirates again. At least they are supposed to suck.