White Sox vs. Royals, 7/01/07 (W)

chisox72

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 04:07 PM)
wow, Terrero isnt the sharpest tool in the shed. WTF is he stealing with Thome up?

That wasn't Terrero. But your point is well taken. I wonder if that was supposed to be a hit and run the way Thome swung at that pitch. Either way, it made no sense.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 02:07 PM)
That wasn't Terrero. But your point is well taken. I wonder if that was supposed to be a hit and run the way Thome swung at that pitch. Either way, it made no sense.

lol, ur right. oops. I could swear the KC announcers said Terrero. Either way, stupid move

as crazy as this may sound, i think if we can get our hands on a quality setup man, Dye Gets healthy, and we can trade for a power hitting left or center fielder. I think we still have a shot at this division.....I know im really pushing it

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as crazy as this may sound, i think if we can get our hands on a quality setup man, Dye Gets healthy, and we can trade for a power hitting left or center fielder. I think we still have a shot at this division.....I know im really pushing it

We're one of the bottom feeders of the AL. Let's wait until we get to .500 before we have any of this talk.

Any thoughts on Riske? I still think we should've offered him arbitration even if the picks weren't going to turn into Scott Boras clients.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 06:04 PM)
I'm so sick of seeing Andy Gonzalez in CF. He's now 2-20 w/ HR over his last 5 games since that fluky 4-5 performance in the first game of the D-Rays series.

He went 3 for 4 today with a double and a CS. Hard to figure this kid out. He can be absolutely lost looking on his at bats and then have games where he gets 3 or 4 hits. I thought he was an infielder though. He plays about all the time in the OF, which has been a problem the Sox have had before-using people out of position.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 09:42 PM)
5 of 6....... this is what it looks like when a bullpen holds a lead!

wow mikey likes it.... like he likes pussy.... alot

Uncalled for. Certainly mikey may like it, but we don't need to know about it n the context you wrote it

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 04:53 PM)
He went 3 for 4 today with a double and a CS. Hard to figure this kid out. He can be absolutely lost looking on his at bats and then have games where he gets 3 or 4 hits. I thought he was an infielder though. He plays about all the time in the OF, which has been a problem the Sox have had before-using people out of position.

Gonzales is an infielder but he's playing outfield because we need outfielders.

Ozzie has little interest in working with our real prospects.

If Gonzalez or Torrero hit .220, from the top of the order, it's okay with Ozzie. If Anderson or Sweeney do it in the 8 and 9 hole, Ozzie knocks them out of the lineup. It's absolutely ridiculous.

We're going nowhere with Ozzie as manager if we have to depend on young hitters.

Edited by GreenSox

Nice win and FINALLY some sun in Kansas City...The Royals have a very energetic crowd, they really get behind this team!!! The Negro League UNIs were awesome, Minnie Minoso also was at the Negro League Museum yesterday at 2:30 signing autographs, so it was nice to see KC welcome him with open arms even though he was donned in White Sox gear all weekend...Jenks looked bad ass in the throwback uni....and how do we get oiur hands on Tony Pena Jr, man can that kid play some defense!!!