White Sox vs. Indians, 8/07/07 (L)

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 09:16 PM)
Having Stone here is great. He really shows the insight that a color commentator is supposed to have. For example, that little thing Richar did with his glove on the stolen base -- I would've never picked up something like that. I don't think DJ has EVER given me a "Wow!" type moment of insight that Stone gives multiple times during a game.

Not watching WCIU, I assume you are talking about Richar putting a fake tag on the runner?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 08:16 PM)
Having Stone here is great. He really shows the insight that a color commentator is supposed to have. For example, that little thing Richar did with his glove on the stolen base -- I would've never picked up something like that. I don't think DJ has EVER given me a "Wow!" type moment of insight that Stone gives multiple times during a game.

Agree 100%, plus another benefit of Stone's presence is that I'm hearing a more lively Hawk than I've heard in a while.

That's probably the novelty of a new person in the booth, but it's nice to hear Hawk wake up again.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 08:16 PM)

Has Hawk given you a Wow moment?

He's given me, "Uh, wow, I guess," moments, that's for sure...

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 09:27 PM)
He's a very frustrating player. Satisfying, too, but frustrating as well.

AJP my favorite player on the team (the only authentic jersey I own) but it drives me nuts to no end when players don't run it out to first.

I think I've learned more about baseball in four innings with Stoney than I have all season with the Hawkeroo.

Dadgummit.

I also noticed that Stoney talks about players who STILL ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME whereas Hawk's always going back...in...time to Cooperstown.

QUOTE(Linnwood @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 08:29 PM)
AJP my favorite player on the team (the only authentic jersey I own) but it drives me nuts to no end when players don't run it out to first.

AJ's in my top five but he grates on me at times like those and when he does other things. When he gripes about Hall. When he bunts right at a fielder for a double player when the fielder is RIGHT THERE (Minnesota, early in the season, and that game seemed like he did it on purpose because he was mad at being told to bunt -- he looked angry, and he bunted it at the third baseman TWICE, each obviously meant to go down third when the guy is right THERE).

I hate the lack of hustle on this team, but it's getting a little better of late.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 01:22 AM)
Has Hawk given you a Wow moment?

He's given me, "Uh, wow, I guess," moments, that's for sure...

Hawk occasionally will say something that'll make me think a little bit.

I just really don't like DJ. He doesn't add anything to the broadcast. He agrees with Hawk on anything that comes out of his mouth, and he doesn't provide any insight. DJ's most interesting moments come when he talks about the Japanese league and his experience(s) there, but even those are weak at best.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 08:54 PM)
Hawk occasionally will say something that'll make me think a little bit.

I just really don't like DJ. He doesn't add anything to the broadcast. He agrees with Hawk on anything that comes out of his mouth, and he doesn't provide any insight. DJ's most interesting moments come when he talks about the Japanese league and his experience(s) there, but even those are weak at best.

DJ was fine on Fox. DJ would be fine, IMO, with another real broadcaster.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 09:03 PM)
Like what? "Don't tell me what a player hits...tell me when he hits it!"

"He gawn!"

?

;)

Just teasing. But really, he provides insight maybe twice a year for me.

I've actually enjoyed Hawk today for once. Maybe it's the fact he's teamed with somebody that's actually good.