Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 03:58 PM)
Speaking of radio.This past week I have been harrassing Mike North via text msg.Very juvenile and wierd but he has gotten on my nerves to the third degree.

Avoiding Mike North is a wonderful thing.

Sometimes I feel like I want to email the PD at the Score to let him know that every single time I hear Mike North's voice, be it a commercial, a quick promo for his show, or (God forbid) his show when I wake up after leaving the radio on during a Hawks or Sox game, I change the station immediately.

But then the feeling passes and I just go on ignoring him.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 05:13 PM)
Avoiding Mike North is a wonderful thing.

Sometimes I feel like I want to email the PD at the Score to let him know that every single time I hear Mike North's voice, be it a commercial, a quick promo for his show, or (God forbid) his show when I wake up after leaving the radio on during a Hawks or Sox game, I change the station immediately.

But then the feeling passes and I just go on ignoring him.

Like him or hate him, Mike North brings in millions of dollars to the Score and won't leave anytime soon because of that.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 05:46 PM)
Like him or hate him, Mike North brings in millions of dollars to the Score and won't leave anytime soon because of that.

Does he really bring them millions?I dont believe that.The majority of people that listen,listen because its CHICAGO sports talk and there are no other options on the radio at that time of morning.Do people really want to hear anymore creative "Of the Day!"segments.I refuse to believe that he will be in that slot forever.When you are bad and everyone says it they will can your ass in radio.The radio business tells you out of the blue you dont have a job today and thats it.I hope thats North's future.

QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 26, 2008 -> 11:31 AM)
Does he really bring them millions?I dont believe that.

Chicago radio, sports-talk, whatever, is big dollar business. He makes over a million a year because he brings in over a million a year. As Kurt Angle would say, "It's True! It's True!"

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 26, 2008 -> 12:24 PM)
Chicago radio, sports-talk, whatever, is big dollar business. He makes over a million a year because he brings in over a million a year. As Kurt Angle would say, "It's True! It's True!"

He can't say that anymore, it belongs to Vince.

:D

North's show does appear to bring in significant ad revenue, for reasons I can't understand.

He doesn't seem to get very good ratings, but he probably draws decent ratings in the target audience for advertisers.

I think he's just awful. I've never found him funny, smart or interesting at all.

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 26, 2008 -> 01:32 PM)
Oh god...I can't wait till I move to Chicago. That is some good s***, despit what Scalise says.

Ya Mar is an Italian food snob.I ordered a breaded chicken sandwich with fries and it was money.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 26, 2008 -> 07:21 PM)
WHAT? My Mario respect-o-meter just dropped a couple of notches. Don't hate the Breaded Steak.

And your respect-o-meter just dropped a couple notches simply for actually having some respect for mario before he knocked ricobenes ;) :lol:

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 26, 2008 -> 11:32 PM)
And your respect-o-meter just dropped a couple notches simply for actually having some respect for mario before he knocked ricobenes ;) :lol:

Whats funny is Iam sure Mario reads posts like this yet will fight any temptation to post and defend himself.For whatever reason that is. :huh

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 26, 2008 -> 11:32 PM)

Hey, anyone who picks on the Gage, deserves at least a little respect. Plus he is a White Sox fan, so he has two big up marks in my book :)

Has anyone ever done High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)? If you haven't, google it and take it under consideration.

I'm in the peculiar position of training to gain weight, but meanwhile burning excess fat. I didn't want to abandon cardio workouts in the process, either. So I found HIIT and decided to try it out tonight since the temperature outside was around 40. And let me just say, it knocks the living hell out of you.

The concept behind the entire program is running at maximum effort for a short period of time, walking for several minutes, then repeating the process. I would run as fast as I could for 15 seconds and rest for roughly two minutes. It seemed fairly easy in the beginning. After about set four I could no longer run at 100%, but I trudged along anyways. Then the maximum effort decreased, and the breaks became longer than two minutes. By the time I got to my 8th set I was about to pass out. Couldn't do anymore.

People swear by this, and judging from just one day I wouldn't blame them. My entire body is exhausted; and I'm in shape. I previously would jog at a moderate pace for 30 minutes. The only reason I abandoned jogging was it seemed to be holding back my muscle growth. It's a good program and I"m sure people such as Tru have heard of it.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 12:45 AM)
Has anyone ever done High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)? If you haven't, google it and take it under consideration.

I'm in the peculiar position of training to gain weight, but meanwhile burning excess fat. I didn't want to abandon cardio workouts in the process, either. So I found HIIT and decided to try it out tonight since the temperature outside was around 40. And let me just say, it knocks the living hell out of you.

The concept behind the entire program is running at maximum effort for a short period of time, walking for several minutes, then repeating the process. I would run as fast as I could for 15 seconds and rest for roughly two minutes. It seemed fairly easy in the beginning. After about set four I could no longer run at 100%, but I trudged along anyways. Then the maximum effort decreased, and the breaks became longer than two minutes. By the time I got to my 8th set I was about to pass out. Couldn't do anymore.

People swear by this, and judging from just one day I wouldn't blame them. My entire body is exhausted; and I'm in shape. I previously would jog at a moderate pace for 30 minutes. The only reason I abandoned jogging was it seemed to be holding back my muscle growth. It's a good program and I"m sure people such as Tru have heard of it.

I'm intrigued.

Yeah I know people down here who do that Flash.

We've got a work triathlon happening in a month or 2, and a few are doing that type of training to get fit, instead of just the usual jogging for half an hour or so.

Apparently it's more effective.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 12:45 AM)

I do something similar sometimes on a treadmill. Run for 3 minutes than walk for 2 minutes. Do that for about 30 minutes. Usually by the 20 minute mark my legs are like jello.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 12:15 PM)
My how words evolve.
  1. Going to
  2. Goin to
  3. Gonna
  4. Fixing to
  5. Fixin to
  6. Finna

I would offer a linguistic explanation for this--but I have a feeling that isn't the point of this post.

Languages are dynamic and meant to change.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 06:12 PM)
I have NEVER used the word "Finna", just for the record.

Certain posters on this board have (or had -- as of a few years ago) never heard of the word "finna". I was 'lambasted' (okay, that's too strong, but I'm gonna go with it) for it the whole weekend because I was the lone person who had heard of it.