Say "Hi!" to ARow, Drop off Crede, Pick up Cain

knightni

Two things I have seen from Floyd this spring so far that are important improvements over last year... First, he doesn't lose velocity when he goes to the stretch. That was something that seemed problematic. Second, his form looks more consistent. And that's something that Danks has yet to establish.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 21, 2008 -> 04:06 PM)
Two things I have seen from Floyd this spring so far that are important improvements over last year... First, he doesn't lose velocity when he goes to the stretch. That was something that seemed problematic. Second, his form looks more consistent. And that's something that Danks has yet to establish.

Great observations. As to what I referred to earlier, I think that the gun is 3 mph slow, judging from how many of Floyd's high fastballs have been fouled off. If he was throwing 89-91 those would be out of the park. Furthermore on the gun, there's no way that Zito is throwing fastballs at 81-83 mph.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Mar 21, 2008 -> 05:15 PM)
Fields will do more of this, then I think anyone here realizes. Thats BB alot.

in 100 games last year he walked 1 more time than crede has in any full year of credes career

QUOTE(Elgin Slim @ Mar 21, 2008 -> 02:13 PM)
Great observations. As to what I referred to earlier, I think that the gun is 3 mph slow, judging from how many of Floyd's high fastballs have been fouled off. If he was throwing 89-91 those would be out of the park. Furthermore on the gun, there's no way that Zito is throwing fastballs at 81-83 mph.

Sadly....yes it is actually possible that Zito is throwing 81-83. That's pretty much where he's at now.

Did I ever say how happy I was when someone else signed him?

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Mar 21, 2008 -> 05:19 PM)
Since Garland is gone, does that mean that Buehrle is the best hitting SP? Or is it Danks/Vazquez?

javy had 2 hits and looked like he knew what he was doing out there...plus he had the experience in the NL so id say him