Juan Uribe Celebrates Racial Equality By Eating His Weight In Ribs

knightni

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Elgin Slim @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 05:12 PM)
Jose's fastball is in the mid 80s, unless the ESPN gun is off. He's going to get killed if that's where his fastball is. I'm surprised he's kept the Mets off the board so far.

Maybe he's going through his dead arm period. No wait, Gavin Floyd has that excuse copyrighted.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 03:17 PM)
Hopefully this opens some eyes that Swisher is a corner OFer.

If Anderson is ever hitting...I'm going to be so pissed about him not being in CF this year.

KW coming into the TV booth.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 05:16 PM)
I'm delusional, yet a good portion of your posts spout off about Greg Walker "teaching" hitters "lift and pull".

I at least am consistent on my views and have not wavered. You however, it just really depends on if the player is on your good side. You take small amounts of success and use it for hope, and just ignore years of mediocrity for your guy. But when posters on here post something positive about their guy, you come in as the poster of reason to crap on them doing the same thing. And the best thing is you use the opposite reasoning for their player. X player on played good against Y teams, but has been bad forever. Forever overrules the recent success. Yet if the player is Uribe, its I have a good feeling about him and he is talented. Sure whatever.

I now believe that the ESPN gun was grossly off, due to the fact that it has not been flashing speeds for the majority of the game, and that I've seen a few fastballs flash in the low 60s. I could believe by the way Jose has pitched that his fastball is back.

QUOTE(Elgin Slim @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 03:43 PM)
I now believe that the ESPN gun was grossly off, due to the fact that it has not been flashing speeds for the majority of the game, and that I've seen a few fastballs flash in the low 60s. I could believe by the way Jose has pitched that his fastball is back.

Even if his fastball is a bit down...he's gone 1-2-3 in the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th innings...and the only guy who's really beaten him badly was Beltran (the first run would have been caught if Anderson was in CF). And for the most part the Mets have had their normal lineup in there against him. He's made Reyes look really bad a couple times now.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 05:45 PM)
Even if his fastball is a bit down...he's gone 1-2-3 in the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th innings...and the only guy who's really beaten him badly was Beltran (the first run would have been caught if Anderson was in CF). And for the most part the Mets have had their normal lineup in there against him. He's made Reyes look really bad a couple times now.

Furthermore, The Mets hitters have waved horribly at his fastball, looking like the ball was already in the catcher's mitt before they swung the bat.

I sure hope Jose is back this year, because if so, we could potentially have a dominant 1-3, and if one of Danks and Floyd pitch decent(4.50 ERA) we'll be right with Cleveland and Detroit.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 03:54 PM)
I have posted this before in a game thread, but Dye is traditionally a slow starter, so this might be a bad gauge. On the bad side, Dye would have to be wheel chair bound for Ozzie not to play him every day. This would be the case if Swisher, BA, and Q were all hitting .300 .

The problem with him being a slow starter is...the games in April count just as much as the ones in September.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 04:49 PM)
Dye's looked terrible every time I've seen him bat this spring.

I am most concerned about Dye.

Here we are already getting ripped by the umps. It would be awesome to see Ozzie kicked out of the Civil Rights Game.