THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!

Heads22

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Floyd looked confident and esteemed in his post game conference. philadelhpia is the city of brotherly hate and they really treated him bad over there. i think Gavin likes having this opportunity to prove himself and he's going to take full advantage of it.

Gavin just dominates the Tigers. It doesnt make sense, but he does. Didnt he 3-hit the Tigers last year?

Verlander took it on the chin today. His stuff was pretty good as well, he just didnt have any run support and didnt have a competent bullpen to hand over the ball to, so he was left in one inning too long. Leylands hands are pretty much tied now until either Dombrowski trades for bullpen help or the bullpen pulls it together somehow. Either way it benefits the Sox right now.

QUOTE (DonnyDevito @ Apr 12, 2008 -> 02:47 PM)
Floyd looked confident and esteemed in his post game conference. philadelhpia is the city of brotherly hate and they really treated him bad over there. i think Gavin likes having this opportunity to prove himself and he's going to take full advantage of it.

lol, Chicago is not ANY better, Philly is just a smaller version of us. Ask Rex Grossman.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 12, 2008 -> 02:49 PM)
lol, Chicago is not ANY better, Philly is just a smaller version of us. Ask Rex Grossman.

I dont know, Philly has a long list of doing some things that make the treatment of Rex Grossman seem pretty mild

hey, don't ruin this thread by bringing up THAT guy...j/k

:gosoxretro:

I see in the Tigers game threads they were blaming alot of their woes on the weather, a slippery ball and an infield that should have stopped the game. Oh and its likely that they would get 2 runs off Jenks.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 12, 2008 -> 01:56 PM)
I see in the Tigers game threads they were blaming alot of their woes on the weather, a slippery ball and an infield that should have stopped the game. Oh and its likely that they would get 2 runs off Jenks.

Its too bad it didn't stop the game for a no no.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=280412104

A first-round draft pick of Philadelphia in 2001, Floyd struck out four and walked one in 7 1-3 innings on a 39-degree day.

Exactly a week earlier, Floyd pitched six solid innings to win at Detroit in his first outing of the season.

Floyd is now 2-0 with a 1.71 ERA in four starts against Detroit since last September. He is 0-3 with a 4.50 ERA in three starts against other teams in that span.

I don't really understand why they didn't just postpone the game and replay it as a DH the next time the Tigers came into Chicago? Why was it so necessary that they got the game in, no matter the conditions?

From the Tigers board. I remember that feeling last year, hoping for any way to stop the bleeding.