The Soda Pop Thread

NorthSideSox72

What is your soda/pop of choice, and by what name?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which soda do you prefer?

• Coke
    • Pepsi
    • RC
    • Jones
    • Generic or Store Brand
    • Other
    • I don't drink that sugar-water garbage
  2. 2. And by what name do you call soda/pop/coke?

• Soda
    • Pop
    • Coke
    • Soft Drink
    • Other

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ May 15, 2008 -> 02:50 PM)
If I'm offering it to someone...I say pop. You want a can of pop? You want a glass of pop?

If I'm ordering at a restuarant or something I always say coke and by coke I don't mean coca cola I just mean coke. Then they almost always say...is Pepsi ok??

Actually, that's exactly how I do it too. That would classify as calling it pop though, because at least in my case i'm offering a drink to somebody or hanging out with people and being offered a pop more often than I am ordering it at a restaurant.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 15, 2008 -> 02:57 PM)
meh, there are places that mess up the fountain mix so bad that the drink is unrecognizable.

Glass bottles are the best

I agree with that. And I nearly got laughed out of the state of Florida when i came down here calling pop pop like the Good Lord intended so I tend to just call a Coke Coke now.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 15, 2008 -> 01:41 PM)
Your from New Jersey right? I think I remember that correctly. Anyways, it's fine if you think that. Your completely wrong and misinformed, but we all have things which we are wrong about.

Yep and no, it's soda.

i'm originally from Easton, PA (which borders NJ) and I still remember being at a BMX race when I was seven in Pittsburgh and asking for a soda, they said "ya want Pop?" i was like huh? no i want a soda. pretty strange as you can see from the map that PA is divided pretty much down the middle. Now I live in Indianapolis and I hear "pop" a lot out here and it makes me cringe.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ May 15, 2008 -> 11:55 AM)
I drink Jarritos the most. I prefer tamarindo but my family usually buys both the mandarina and tararindo ones.
:notworthy

Dr. Pepper, that spicy cola product, should have been listed.

For soda, I drink Coke.

Mexico Coke in bottle (made with pure cane sugar)>>>>> Coke in bottle >> gun >> plastic >> can

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ May 15, 2008 -> 11:55 AM)
I drink Jarritos the most. I prefer tamarindo but my family usually buys both the mandarina and tararindo ones.

The southeast side has a ton of corner stores with Mexican owners and I absolutely love Jarritos. The limon and mandarina ones are my favorite.

Oh, and it's STILL pop.

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 15, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)
:notworthy

Dr. Pepper, that spicy cola product, should have been listed.

For soda, I drink Coke.

Mexico Coke in bottle (made with pure cane sugar)>>>>> Coke in bottle >> gun >> plastic >> can

Coke in most other places - Europe, Mexico, etc. - that use real sugar, is definitely way better than the corn syrup American variety. But coke can get corn syrup a lot cheaper in the states, so, that's what we get.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 15, 2008 -> 04:12 PM)
The southeast side has a ton of corner stores with Mexican owners and I absolutely love Jarritos. The limon and mandarina ones are my favorite.

Oh, and it's STILL pop.

I agree. I love that stuff. I got hooked on it when I worked in the Mexican League. There is a place in Joliet where I get 2 liter bottles of it!!!!!!

Gotta be pop. Although as a kid, when I got back from summers by Carbondale, I was calling it sodie with a slight southern twang for a few weeks. And Diet pepsi is my choice. I used to drink the Diet Pepsi Twist with the lemon, until they stopped making it and instead went to lime. Oh well.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ May 15, 2008 -> 09:43 PM)
Theres the three "s's" of being a hick *please note that Im not using hick as a derogatory word or to offend anyone Im simply repeating what I heard when I went away to Carbondale* soda, supper, sofa

Funny, cause it seems most SIU students are from Chicago.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 15, 2008 -> 12:43 PM)
Glass bottle might actually be the best, but I have no idea where to find it.

As far as glass bottles go, there are quite a few stores in latino neighborhoods that carry the 16 ounce sizes of coke and pepsi. A frend said that here it's made with corn syrup as the sugar source, whereas the latnno stores have it shipped in from Mexco where real sugar is used, like coke used to be made. Can't verify these claims. It's just what someone told me. Also, Sam's Club has cases of the little glass 12 ounce bottles of coke only.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 15, 2008 -> 09:31 PM)
Coke in most other places - Europe, Mexico, etc. - that use real sugar, is definitely way better than the corn syrup American variety. But coke can get corn syrup a lot cheaper in the states, so, that's what we get.

Coke in London/Paris/Rome is AWFUL.

I call it pop, and I drink Coke. I also have preferential treatment for other pop. I like Barq's for can root beer. I'd rather drink Goose Island or Roundhouse, but it costs too much to drink on a regular basis. I can't stand A&W or Mug. I really like Jones as well, but again it is very expensive. On the Jarritos topic, I really like the guava, pineapple and mandarin orange flavors.