MINNESOTA DELENDA EST

BlackBetsy

After every speech in the Roman Senate, a Roman Senator would conclude with a Latin phrase Carthago Delenda Est, meaning Carthage must be destroyed. After 10 in a row for the Minnesota Twins, in which they have had ridiculous comeback after ridiculous comeback with a team that was supposed to finish in 4th place...something needs to be done. Minnesota needs to be destroyed.

I need to hear how you intend to contribute. I plan on taking a picture of Joe Mauer out with me in the yard and picking up my dog's poop with it. Then I'm going to jinx the Twins by leaving "We Can Never Lose" messages on Twins blogs. And then I'm going to post a profile of Michael Cuddyer ("CuddyBear") on a dating website for overweight Minnesota singles.

Please, let's hear some other contributions.

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Jun 28, 2008 -> 08:31 AM)
After every speech in the Roman Senate, a Roman Senator would conclude with a Latin phrase Carthago Delenda Est, meaning Carthage must be destroyed. After 10 in a row for the Minnesota Twins, in which they have had ridiculous comeback after ridiculous comeback with a team that was supposed to finish in 4th place...something needs to be done. Minnesota needs to be destroyed.

I need to hear how you intend to contribute. I plan on taking a picture of Joe Mauer out with me in the yard and picking up my dog's poop with it. Then I'm going to jinx the Twins by leaving "We Can Never Lose" messages on Twins blogs. And then I'm going to post a profile of Michael Cuddyer ("CuddyBear") on a dating website for overweight Minnesota singles.

Please, let's hear some other contributions.

By trying to jinx the Twins for the Sox benefit you may end up super-jinxing the Sox. I wouldn't try it. Instead I'd just silently hope the Sox pitching holds up and the offense stops disappearing for long stretches. If that happens we should be fine.

I do think we need to get a good lead going into early September though. I could easily see this team pulling a 2003 and choking itself out of the playoffs.

Milwaukee up 5-0 in the 7th currently.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Jun 28, 2008 -> 02:17 PM)
That's a concern we ought to have, too.

Floyd and Danks were both highly touted prospects, Contreras, Vazquez and Buehrle have all been All-Stars. I don't think you can quite say the same for their star-studded rotation.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 28, 2008 -> 11:43 AM)
They should jinx themselves, their pitching staff has been performing over their heads and they have been unbelievably clutch. It wont last.

Kevin Slowey just 3-hit the Brewers. WTF?

Kevin Slowey? The guy we killed? Surprisingly, his ERA is 3.47.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 09:10 AM)
In another thread I compared the Twins to an obnoxious rabid dog that always gets in the way. I would very much like to be the proverbial shotgun that takes them out back and puts them down.

P.E.T.A. will be calling on you soon.

QUOTE (mreye @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 10:14 AM)
I respect the Twins and am glad they are doing well. The Sox play best when the pressure's on - makes 'em keep their games faces on.

I have a hard time admitting to respecting the Twins but I do. I probably watch a 100 Twins games a year, which people would think I should be a Twins fan, but I always root against them instead.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 11:24 AM)
I have a hard time admitting to respecting the Twins but I do. I probably watch a 100 Twins games a year, which people would think I should be a Twins fan, but I always root against them instead.

Yes, I agree. The Twins have done a very good job of staying competitive year in and year out. Their scouting and player developement personell are excellent based on the results they bring to big club.

QUOTE (mreye @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 11:14 AM)
I respect the Twins and am glad they are doing well. The Sox play best when the pressure's on - makes 'em keep their games faces on.

That wasn't the case in 2003.

We had 7 games vs. the Twins down the stretch run. We went 2-5 and lost the division by 4 games. :unsure:

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 02:50 PM)
That wasn't the case in 2003.

We had 7 games vs. the Twins down the stretch run. We went 2-5 and lost the division by 4 games. :unsure:

You know, I really didn't need to be reminded of that. :lolhitting

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 08:10 AM)
In another thread I compared the Twins to an obnoxious rabid dog that always gets in the way. I would very much like to be the proverbial shotgun that takes them out back and puts them down.

I'd actually compare the Twins to cockroaches. Every time you thought they were dead they come right back and become the typical pest. There is no team in baseball I hate more than the Minnesota Twins.

Edited by Elgin Slim