Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

QUOTE (Jim Spencer @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:47 AM)
I'd like to see the Ducks win tomorrow so we could have Home Ice, but I think we could score more easily off of Osgood than Hiller.

I agree, the home ice would be great. Watching the whole series, seems like Detroit has easily outplayed Anahiem, except for at goaltender, Hiller has kept them in the series. During the playoffs, facing a hot goalie like that could be a scary thing, as has been proven many times.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 13, 2009 -> 02:19 PM)
Anyone see the end of the Ducks Detroit game? Wild fights I actually think it was the Ducks pounding the Wings 5 v. 6 as the WIngs had a man advantage.

Niedermayer's elbow was the best.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 13, 2009 -> 03:09 PM)
I agree, the home ice would be great. Watching the whole series, seems like Detroit has easily outplayed Anahiem, except for at goaltender, Hiller has kept them in the series. During the playoffs, facing a hot goalie like that could be a scary thing, as has been proven many times.

Yeah, that's what everyone said about Luongo. How'd that turn out?

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ May 13, 2009 -> 02:22 PM)
Niedermayer's elbow was the best.

He was awesome in that fight at the end. Datsyuk (I think) started to go after him, and then it was all Niedermayer. He got in like 7 straight punches before the fight was broken up. Bad decision by Datsyuk.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 12, 2009 -> 02:34 PM)
Toews 2nd goal was not luck, if it didnt deflect in Sharpie would have buried it.

It was luck for Toews. Hit a skate and went in. Can't assume what would have happened if it didn't hit the skate.

And thanks for clearing that up about 7 goals against Luongo, Kap.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 14, 2009 -> 09:13 AM)
Yes, you may as well.

Thanks, although I just caught a little irony in it. In order for the Hawks to have home-ice for the rest of the playoffs, three road teams will have to win game 7s, putting into question the imporance of home ice.

Detroit it is. I don't hold out much hope for the Hawks, but I can dream. This is the team that is taylor made to beat Chicago, as they are physical and just as skilled as the Hawks. Let's hope that the boys can come out and steal a game right away to get them going.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 14, 2009 -> 08:45 PM)
Detroit it is. I don't hold out much hope for the Hawks, but I can dream. This is the team that is taylor made to beat Chicago, as they are physical and just as skilled as the Hawks. Let's hope that the boys can come out and steal a game right away to get them going.

unfortunately I'm in the same boat as you. The Hawks will have to play their best series and the Wings will have to play an average one. But, as a big fan I am very happy with the progress and am excited to see how the rest of this plays out.

Whether Detroit or Anahem won, we'd be really lacking in the playoff experience category. I am glad we wont have to see the goons on Anaheim. It makes our road tougher-but the hockey could be fast, end to end and I believe we have a slight advantage in goal. We can do it. The gap between the teams is smaller with a healthy Havlat, Sharp and an emerging Byfuglien

Edited by klaus kinski

Finals. Lets Go Hawks

Sunday 5/17 @ DET 2pm CDT

Tues 5/19 @ DET 630 CDT

Fri 5/22 @ CHi 7pm CDT

Sun 5/24 @ CHI 2pm CDT

Wed 5/27 @ DET 630 CDT

Sat 5/30 @ CHI 7 CDT

MON 6/1 @ DET 630 CDT

QUOTE (Sec101Row1 @ May 14, 2009 -> 11:51 PM)
Finals. Lets Go Hawks

Tues 5/19 @ DET 630 CDT

Fri 5/22 @ CHi 7pm CDT

Sun 5/24 @ CHI 2pm CDT

Wed 5/27 @ DET 630 CDT

Sat 5/30 @ CHI 7 CDT

MON 6/1 @ DET 630 CDT

Not a fan of daytime starts

QUOTE (Sec101Row1 @ May 14, 2009 -> 11:51 PM)
Finals. Lets Go Hawks

Tues 5/19 @ DET 630 CDT

Fri 5/22 @ CHi 7pm CDT

Sun 5/24 @ CHI 2pm CDT

Wed 5/27 @ DET 630 CDT

Sat 5/30 @ CHI 7 CDT

MON 6/1 @ DET 630 CDT

At least there's no 9:30pm games :P