• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 01:04 AM)
terrible day already and getting worse

Yep, the more I think about it, the more the Cubs worry me. Their top 4 of Z, Harden, Dempster, and Lilly is ridiculous when you consider how good their offense is.

Leadoff double....Contreras has no chance to consistently get hitters out when his forkball is as pathetic as it is tonight. I have a feeling he's hurt, and it might be his back or his legs. Him pitching at Texas this weekend won't be fun.

Edited by fathom

Nice pathetic effort so far by the team. Man the f*** up, start catching the ball, pitching the ball and hitting the ball. I am sick and tired of making the bad Royals into a better team by playing like s*** when we play them. This team is going to lose a s***load of games. Lets take advantage of them like other teams.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 07:12 PM)
Wow this is ridiculous...

Don't worry, Ozzie will make sure he gives us at least 6 innings. With Bobby not playing, he is so scared to hit his pen he will put this game in the s***ter.

Get the pitcher the win over the team. Thats our motto.

The sad part about this game is that Jose has the best fastball I've seen from him all year, consistently in the 93-94 range If he could have gotten bite on the forkball, I think he'd have about 6 Ks by now, along with no runs. Jose goes as his forkball goes.

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 08:16 PM)
The sad part about this game is that Jose has the best fastball I've seen from him all year, consistently in the 93-94 range If he could have gotten bite on the forkball, I think he'd have about 6 Ks by now, along with no runs. Jose goes as his forkball goes.

The Royals have him at 89 on the fastball so...

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 09:17 PM)
Over the last 31 innings, Contreras has allowed 62 hits and walks.

when its all said and done the extension to jose may go down as KWs worst move as a GM, its certainly up there

at least ryan dempster just walked 4 guys to force in a run

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 07:19 PM)
when its all said and done the extension to jose may go down as KWs worst move as a GM, its certainly up there

at least ryan dempster just walked 4 guys to force in a run

Didn't KW trade for Todd Ritchie?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 09:20 PM)
Didn't KW trade for Todd Ritchie?

yeah i think he did, and that certainly is one of the worst..... kip wells had two pretty solid years for the pirates after that...but beyond that fogg and wells kinda sucked so that trade gets criticized mroe than it should IMO

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 01:22 AM)
Really? WCIU has had him consistently at 92-94 I guess you take gun readings with a grain of salt then.

WCIU gun is fast, as Davies doesn't throw 93 mph like they're saying he does.

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Jul 8, 2008 -> 08:22 PM)
Really? WCIU has had him consistently at 92-94 I guess you take gun readings with a grain of salt then.

The same fools who operates the sat feed with bubble gum, shoe laces, and duct tape are the same ones who bought the ebay special jugs gun they are using.