• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 10:07 AM)
HA, you have no idea i wasn't serious. Back to your local programming. Thanks for checking in Schmedley

It didn't even come across as funny. Making a joke about a pardon actually kind of could have been, I got that one. The extra step turned it into nonsense.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 09:10 AM)
It didn't even come across as funny. Making a joke about a pardon actually kind of could have been, I got that one. The extra step turned it into nonsense.

A joke about a President abusing powers for things they were never intended to be able to do? Makes sense to me.

OK, I read an interview of Lorne Michaels from Sat Night Live where he said they make fun of Republicans because they have more of a sense of humor. According to him, republicans are more likely to laugh with the skits than Dems are, who he said tend to take everything personal. Thinking about the humor angle, I heard on the radio this morning that several Democratic groups are REALLY pissed at AshleyMadison.com due to a billboard that makes fun of a few Democrats. Here is the billboard.

presidentsday_billboard_4_1.jpg

OK, I read an interview of Lorne Michaels from Sat Night Live where he said they make fun of Republicans because they have more of a sense of humor. According to him, republicans are more likely to laugh with the skits than Dems are, who he said tend to take everything personal. Thinking about the humor angle, I heard on the radio this morning that several Democratic groups are REALLY pissed at AshleyMadison.com due to a billboard that makes fun of a few Democrats. Here is the billboard.

post-1417-1392401945_thumb.jpg

I have friends and relatives that range from very, very far left to very, very far right. I have had five liberals de-friend me on Facebook for disagreeing with them (mostly on abortion). I have never had a single conservative de-friend me, despite many disagreements on gay marriage, taxes and the government shutdown.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Feb 14, 2014 -> 12:21 PM)

presidentsday_billboard_4_1.jpg

Lol, that's a great ad.

Didn't they recently find out that that whole site is a scam?

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Feb 14, 2014 -> 08:27 PM)
http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2014/02/14/k...k-disabled-vet/

Waits for the wonderful Attorney General to file hate crime.....dies holding breath....it's just a misunderstood inner city f*** who doesn't know any better.

So if the AG did file it would that mean you would stop b****ing?

http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/19/chicago-.../#ixzz2tnqEJHEs

The Chicago Police Department wants to take predicting and preventing crimes from a bold sci-fi concept to a scary law-enforcement reality.

Chicago is leading the way in funding and innovation to develop the most advanced predictive analytical system yet, which uses advanced algorithms to compile a list of individuals most likely to commit a crime.

“This [program] will become a national best practice,” CPD Commander Jonathan Lewin told The Verge. “This will inform police departments around the country and around the world on how best to utilize predictive policing to solve problems. This is about saving lives.”

The department database records phoned incidents and locations where crimes occur frequently to create maps of the city that highlight “hotspots” for criminal activity. It also keeps track of everyone arrested or convicted of a crime, and employs a formula to identify the 400 most dangerous people in the city.

Algorithms go beyond incorporating past violent behaviors to predict future criminals — they also track relationships with other violent offenders, and use a social networking theory to identify potential targets and add them to the “heat list.”

The program has grown in part from a grant of $2 million dollars from the National Institute of Justice, which handed out millions to police departments in 2009 to build crime predictive programs.

“These are persons who the model has determined are those most likely to be involved in a shooting or homicide, with probabilities that are hundreds of times that of an ordinary citizen,” NIJ representative Joan LaRocca said.

Part of the program includes sending officers to warn potential violators that they are being watched, and to stay out of trouble. Though a full report on the program won’t be published until 2016, concerns over privacy and profiling are already being raised.

lol, I liked this comment: "Headline in 5 years: Chicago's crime predicting computers are racist."

• 2 weeks later...

Not really sure where to put this since we've had multiple capital punishment debates in various threads:

http://gawker.com/a-letter-from-ray-jasper...3598/@tcraggs22

At first I thought, damn, that's a well written letter (considering the source anyway). I thought he had some decent points. And I actually did start to feel "empathy" for him since he was allegedly just a part of a group that committed a robbery where someone ended up dead and he was the only one to get the death penalty.

And thennnnnnn, I read up on the guy and found out the real truth. The part where he planned the whole murder ahead of time. The part where he slit the guys throat, but didn't deliver the mortal wound...his fellow robbers stabbed the guy instead of letting him bleed out. The part where he himself had no empathy, sympathy or remorse for what he did, instead telling the jury that the other men in his group murdered the guy, not him.

So yeah. f*** that guy. Have fun burning in hell buddy.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

Only in America can a guy donate $100 million dollars to build a hospital and be protested by the very people it will help, and employ. Why? Because he is an evil Republican!!!!! I fully expect that all these nurses will refuse jobs in the new space on principle, as well as refusing care should they ever require its services.

http://freebeacon.com/blog/koch-brother-do...t-not-a-parody/

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 01:04 PM)
Only in America can a guy donate $100 million dollars to build a hospital and be protested by the very people it will help, and employ. Why? Because he is an evil Republican!!!!! I fully expect that all these nurses will refuse jobs in the new space on principle, as well as refusing care should they ever require its services.

http://freebeacon.com/blog/koch-brother-do...t-not-a-parody/

Never underestimate the stupidity of people. Social media never fails to prove that point.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Cknolls @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 05:28 PM)
Congrats to the lying sack of poop that is our governor for making permanent the temporary income tax hike. Wtg s***head. What a disgrace. Unfortunately he and I are high school alums. Who lies more? Quinn or Narcissus?

Anyone who believed "temporary" needs to be slapped.

I love how f***ed up their logic is:

"This is a temporary increase, we just need the money to last us a few years!"

"You can't take it away! How are we ever going to raise another 4 billion? We absolutely need that revenue to survive!"

edit: it also sickens me that every time a Democrat in this state wants to increase a tax, implement a new tax, or keep a tax from being repealed, it's ALWAYS labeled as a revenue generator for education. It is such a bold face lie that moronic citizens of Illinois continue to eat up. Remember how the lottery and gambling were going to fund education in the state forever and always?

Edited by Jenksismybitch