Ken Griffey Jr. + Cash to the White Sox

joejoesox

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 07:53 AM)
OK. DaVanon is a 35 year old journeyman outfielder, so he has no trade value. Lucy's knee is wrecked and he's a catcher whose main value is in his defense, so, nothing there either. Jose Martinez may have some value as a low level prospect, though.

Its also a scenario where they could be making Cincy choose from a pool of lower level guys, and they are so low level that Cincy hasnt really scouted them yet.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 07:54 AM)
It could be a Foxsports radio station, because it was one of their guys who broke the story.

Also at least in my eyes, it makes the most sense.

And a Chicago station would pick that up in a heartbeat.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 07:53 AM)
And I am starting to feel a Konerko to the DL thing happening. Griffey is DH insurance.

...and when Konerko returns from the DL?

May as well tell him to go home for the season if we're not having any corresponding moves.

QUOTE (heirdog @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:57 AM)
Not to switch topics but ESPN also reporting the Bears might get Favre...just what I saw on ESPN. What a day if the Sox and Bears get MVP type players from the mid-90s on their last legs (arms).

yeah i heard on the score that theres a possibility that if the packers are backed into a corner, they might end up having to deal him to a divisional rival...IMO thats just posturing to try to get some AFC team to pay up for him

What the hell is taking so long for everything to come out? Jesus Christ it's annoying. Doesn't the score have people that can atleast contact White Sox management and find out a thing or two about the prospects or what the hell is going on with the logjam of slow in our lineup.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:00 AM)
What the hell is taking so long for everything to come out? Jesus Christ it's annoying. Doesn't the score have people that can atleast contact White Sox management and find out a thing or two about the prospects or what the hell is going on with the logjam of slow in our lineup.

That's what she said! Sorry, couldn't resist.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:00 AM)

The last thing the team wants to do is announce one of their players may be traded. Makes the player feel unloved. So it will be quiet unless someone leaks something or the deal is done. Isn;t the deadline today for unrestricted trades?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 07:53 AM)
OK. DaVanon is a 35 year old journeyman outfielder, so he has no trade value. Lucy's knee is wrecked and he's a catcher whose main value is in his defense, so, nothing there either. Jose Martinez may have some value as a low level prospect, though.

DaVanon = I was joking

Until Griffey approves the trade none of the other pieces will be announced.

I personally think Griffey is a bench insurance guy and the guy the Sox are looking to get is Bronson Arroyo for the pen and swing starter. I think he has a contract that is overprcied.

Harang is injured isn't he?

Griffey also could take Wise's spot.

What I found interesting last night was in the top of the 8th Hawk was saying that he thought Wise would be an integral part to this team the remainder ofhte season.

I think Konerko is going on the DL until 9/1.