Ken Griffey Jr. + Cash to the White Sox

joejoesox

Maybe the trade is to bring in an SP and a Griffey salary dump is part of the deal. Maybe Fields and Anderson for Harang or Arroyo and Griffey.

If not JD is gone to another team for an SP, Red Sox? if they really do trade Manny.

Teams that would be in the market for an OF would be the Diamondbacks, Mets, Yankees, Marlins, Cardinals, and Rays.

Tampa and Arizona would be the two that would have the pitching to get a deal done and still be able to contend. And we know that KW likes to make deals with the D-backs. Marlins may have the pitching depending on how Sanchez comes back this week.

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference between .230 and .245 is a few singles. Hardly noticeable over the course of 4 months.

i don't like looking at a players stats on the whole, until the season is over. griffey has something like a 13 or 14 game hitting streak and his July numbers are really good

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:36 AM)
Maybe the trade is to bring in an SP and a Griffey salary dump is part of the deal. Maybe Fields and Anderson for Harang or Arroyo and Griffey.

If not JD is gone to another team for an SP, Red Sox? if they really do trade Manny.

Teams that would be in the market for an OF would be the Diamondbacks, Mets, Yankees, Marlins, Cardinals, and Rays.

Tampa and Arizona would be the two that would have the pitching to get a deal done and still be able to contend. And we know that KW likes to make deals with the D-backs. Marlins may have the pitching depending on how Sanchez comes back this week.

:lolhitting No!

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:34 AM)
I'd still rather have a few more singles from that slot since the odds of people on base are probably higher with CQ, Dye and Thome hitting in front. If that slot draws a walk who's going to knock him in? Toby Hall?

The .314 hitting Cuban in the 7th/8th slot?

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:36 AM)
SCORE with a nice thought, Griffey had to move to RF because Dunn is so bad in left they needed a better CF, just a thought.

Makes some sense to me.

I dont know, kinda sounds like they are just trying to put any positive spin on it they can, no matter how out there it may be...

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:42 AM)
I'd rather see Griffey to go right, Swisher stay in center, and Dye play first. I've heard many posters talk about Dye playing first in the future, maybe this is the time now.

Hmm. That's not a bad idea. I like it.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:43 AM)
f*** that, I'm going back to bed.

I'm with you, when I awake in 2 hours I expect some f***ing news. Waking up to Griffeytalk at 7 AM is an awful way to start your morning, throws your head in a tizzy.

The huge problem with trading Cabrera today is the White Sox would be short on a day they play Minnesota. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out. It still makes no sense. I don't understand why the White Sox would assume Griffey's contract even if it meant getting a mediocre reliever for next to nothing. Weathers or Affeld aren't worth taking on Griffey's money if that is what is happening.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:46 AM)
The huge problem with trading Cabrera today is the White Sox would be short on a day they play Minnesota. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out. It still makes no sense. I don't understand why the White Sox would assume Griffey's contract even if it meant getting a mediocre reliever for next to nothing. Weathers or Affeld aren't worth taking on Griffey's money if that is what is happening.

I don't think that's what's happening at all. IMO Kenny wants Griffey because Kenny thinks Griffey is good. Yes, it sounds strange but KW probably just thinks Griffey will play well for a contender over the final 2 months of the season.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:34 AM)
Andruw Jones says hi

I think there was a different reason for that one (chemical) which I don't think is involved with PK. He could be washed up but I think it's unlikely.