8/5 Sox v Tigers: 7:11 CST, CSN

witesoxfan

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 05:08 PM)
Technically, it will be Joey Cora thinking Fields is a stiff tonight and tomorrow.

Cora put Fields in on Sunday as soon as Ozzie was thrown out on sunday ... Ozzie still makes the lineups so it is him thinking hes a "stiff" .. I dont think its true, I think its them making sure Uribe doesnt become a pissy crybaby for the season knowing that he was the backup to Crede, and the backup to the guy that is playing down in AAA

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great point, Jake, but obviously Oz will be calling the shots in the games, at least as far as the starting lineups. I wonder if there will be a runner to the clubhouse to relay Oz messages to Cora or if Oz will let Cora manage. Maybe he'll let him make the decisions in game. I wonder how that works. I know he's suspended but does he let Cora make the moves during the game or does Oz relay decisions to Cora?

JFields ... I said that stuff about Oz thinking he's a stiff also from his comments about Juan being a much better fielder.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 04:11 PM)
Great point, Jake, but obviously Oz will be calling the shots in the games, at least as far as the starting lineups. I wonder if there will be a runner to the clubhouse to relay Oz messages to Cora or if Oz will let Cora manage. Maybe he'll let him make the decisions in game. I wonder how that works. I know he's suspended but does he let Cora make the moves during the game or does Oz relay decisions to Cora?

JFields ... I said that stuff about Oz thinking he's a stiff also from his comments about Juan being a much better fielder.

My post was made somewhat in jest.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 10:01 PM)
It's hilarious how Oz obviously thinks Fields is a stiff. The fact he's gone to Juan means Fields' days in Chicago are numbered as long as Oz is skipper. Fields is in the same class as BA when it comes to Oz's opinion of the duo.

Uribe is a better defender then Fields and that's why he is starting. Defense.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 10:50 PM)
I didn't like our one day out of first.

Let's f***ing take it back and run away.

I agree. But, we are back in first by percentage points. I watched some of that Mariners-Twins game last night. The M's banged the Tinks for 11 runs in one inning. My goodness.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 06:10 PM)
I agree. But, we are back in first by percentage points. I watched some of that Mariners-Twins game last night. The M's banged the Tinks for 11 runs in one inning. My goodness.

Let's make a goddamned statement tonight then. Put up 15 or so.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 07:08 PM)
I'm disappointed they couldn't get Black Jack, or bump Stoney to the booth.

Stoney was the one I was thinking or even Melton. Plesac should be fine but I'm stereotyping as a Cubbie annoucner and don't want him on our broadcast.