Sox at Oakland A's Part One

nitetrain8601

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 03:01 AM)
There's no reason to lose to Oakland or Kansas City this season, and especially not at their ballparks. Floyd's been crummy tonight but this is baseball.

Our offense has to keep the same focus they had earlier in the game. This pitcher will give you good pitches to hit, as long as you don't chase the change up.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 06:56 PM)
Gameday has him consistently at 91

Judging by the hitters being pretty behind, I'd say he's throwing pretty hard. 93 seems pretty accurate. I didn't see anything but the 3rd inning (my flight got delayed like 3 hr's so I'm finally home from a long business trip) but he looked good.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 03:05 AM)
Judging by the hitters being pretty behind, I'd say he's throwing pretty hard. 93 seems pretty accurate. I didn't see anything but the 3rd inning (my flight got delayed like 3 hr's so I'm finally home from a long business trip) but he looked good.

Hawk is tearing him apart about going to 3-2 on every batter. Hawk really seems to get on Gavin, especially compared to his analysis of Javy.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 07:07 PM)
Hawk is tearing him apart about going to 3-2 on every batter. Hawk really seems to get on Gavin, especially compared to his analysis of Javy.

While Hawk's right...doesn't it seem like all our pitchers wind up having to do that against the A's?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 03:12 AM)
While Hawk's right...doesn't it seem like all our pitchers wind up having to do that against the A's?

Yeah, same as when they face Boston. One thing that I beg of Hawk to do is stop saying how there's any place he'd rather the Sox play than the Twinkie Dome. This organization needs to stop praising it as a place that no one can win besides the Twins.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 10:07 PM)

And rightfully so. It royally pisses me off when pitchers nibble after getting to 0-2 or 1-2 Javy and Gavin are constant violaters of this rule. why don't major league pitchers and catchers know that the best way to put away a hitter when you're ahead is to go right after them.

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 04:14 AM)
And rightfully so. It royally pisses me off when pitchers nibble after getting to 0-2 or 1-2 Javy and Gavin are constant violaters of this rule. why don't major league pitchers and catchers know that the best way to put away a hitter when you're ahead is to go right after them.

I think a lot of tonight's issues are do to lack of confidence in offspeed pitches. It's a good thing he has his best fastball of the season going. It would be very nice if this offense realizes that their job isn't done for the night.