Sox at Oakland A's Part One

nitetrain8601

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 10:44 PM)
Nice pitch....high fastball in a sac fly situation. What a terrible job by AJP tonight.

either our pitchers don't throw what AJ calls or, the more likely option, AJ is terrible at calling a game against bad hitters like Jack Cust, Kurt Suzuki, etc.

so many meatballs, what the f*** AJ?

QUOTE (jeffthedude @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 11:46 PM)
Don't worry about Minnesota, we're going to get swept by Oakland here so they can do the honors of knocking us out.

We won't be anywhere near first place this time next month. Our division is a one-team race.

"

Minnesota will win the division by five or more games.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 11:44 PM)
I cannot stand this damn team. Drive me nuts. Should have walked Suzuki to set up the double play, so there is a tactical mistake by Ozzie.

This game seems to sum up the way this division race will play out. We should win, we have the lead at times, we give it away in the end. Just can't win in Oakland.

Ozzie had his head up his ass for the last 3 innings. Goddamit.

worst loss of hte year IMO

I don't know about that, we've had a lotta bad ones, but that game was given away in the final two innings. Dotel was ridiculously bad. I know he's had a good year but I wish I could fail as many times as he does at my job and get paid like he does.

QUOTE (jeffthedude @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 10:46 PM)
Don't worry about Minnesota, we're going to get swept by Oakland here so they can do the honors of knocking us out.

We won't be anywhere near first place this time next month. Our division is a one-team race.

the twins lost two of three in seattle, chill out man, as bad as you think we are, they're JUST AS BAD

we're tied for a pretty good reason

The A's only hit like 78 homers this year, and scored all 6 of their runs on 4 homers tonight. They also hadn't scored 4 or more runs in like 8 games, and score 6 tonight. I think there were like 2 guys hitting above .240 in the starting lineup tonight.

I don't understand why you call for a fastball in that situation at all. Suzuki means nothing. Throw a breaking ball outside off the plate and down.

Again, I also don't understand why Bobby wasn't in there.

i'll say it again

THE TWINS ARE TERRIBLE ON THE ROAD, even against s*** teams. just like we are!

this division will be wrapped up by whichever team plays the best on their remaining road games, and i'll eat my crow when the season ends if it doesn't turn out that way

This team played s***ty the whole game minus the 1st inning. It was too bad Uribe couldn't catch the ball because it really screwed over Floyd. Alexei getting thrown out on the bases twice. Anderson getting caught sleeping and not scoring when he probably should have, granted it was an awesome throw to gun him down. Floyd pitched well, Dotel failed us big time. Thornton should've been left in the game. He had a stuff and a presense tonight that would've done a lot better than Dotel. We deserved to lose this game.

QUOTE (almagest @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 12:48 AM)
The A's only hit like 78 homers this year, and scored all 6 of their runs on 4 homers tonight. They also hadn't scored 4 or more runs in like 8 games, and score 6 tonight. I think there were like 2 guys hitting above .240 in the starting lineup tonight.

I don't understand why you call for a fastball in that situation at all. Suzuki means nothing. Throw a breaking ball outside off the plate and down.

Again, I also don't understand why Bobby wasn't in there.

just saw the replay....it was a hanging slider for sure....bad execution in that situation...either way i think you gotta walk kurt and patterson and take your shot with ellis

QUOTE (jeffthedude @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 10:46 PM)

LOL ^^

Okay.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 10:50 PM)
just saw the replay....it was a hanging slider for sure....bad execution in that situation...either way i think you gotta walk kurt and patterson and take your shot with ellis

dotel gives up a lot of game-tying/game winning homeruns.. if i'm wrong, then it sure does seem like he does

i'd have to go back and look up the amount of times he's given up the lead with a longball, i can remember a few times off the top of my head

is this on AJ, or on Dotel for not shaking him off, or on Dotel for bad location? hmm..

You might be right, but that's overreacting a bit. When we've won walkoff games have you screamed that we are the greatest team in the world? The White Sox blew the final part of that game. Once it was the shuffling in and out of relievers we were doomed. I'm still trying to figure out that play where Anderson got thrown out at the plate. Did our 3B coach f*** up again? Or was it smart to send him.

Like Hawk said, this will spark Oakland the next 2 days. We got our work cut out. Frank alone will probably try to beat us one of the next two games with some bombs.

Oh and it could be worse. You could be a Yankee fan.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 10:50 PM)
This team played s***ty the whole game minus the 1st inning. It was too bad Uribe couldn't catch the ball because it really screwed over Floyd. Alexei getting thrown out on the bases twice. Anderson getting caught sleeping and not scoring when he probably should have, granted it was an awesome throw to gun him down. Floyd pitched well, Dotel failed us big time. Thornton should've been left in the game. He had a stuff and a presense tonight that would've done a lot better than Dotel. We deserved to lose this game.

alexei is such a stupid baserunner, and I mean stupid in the most literal sense. he lacks any intelligence on the basepaths, how many times has he been EASILY picked off or thrown out this year, he just cannot properly read a pitcher to get good leads or good jumps, just f***ing brutal on the bases

at least he can get ON base, something someone like Owens never shown he could do

i still want alexei batting higher in the order, since he'd drive in a s***load of runs due to his high batting average (he'd be knocking guys in, vs moving them over with a BB)

oh well, get them tomorrow John

s this on AJ, or on Dotel for not shaking him off, or on Dotel for bad location? hmm..

It's on Dotel for pitching like a bum. He can be so damn good and he can be what he was tonight, totally horses***. Baseball is such a weird game with so many relievers coming in and out. I think somebody was right when they said Thornton had it tonight. It seems like most teams are playing with fire when they use three relievers for about an inning apiece. usually one of the three is horses***.