Sox vs O's 6:05 CT CSN/WSCR

Jake

Another lopsided matchup for our hurlers. I would say our ace is on the mound, but I'll go with "one of our aces," it's starting to look like 1-4 are dominating at about the same level.

I'm on a streak of 3, lets keep it alive! :bringit

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised at how candid Hawk was yesterday during the short segment of the game I caught. He was talking about this feeling of his that we'll lose the division by one game. No talk of whether he thought we'd reach the playoffs, but it was surprising to hear. What disgusted me was what followed, where he basically conceeded the late September games against Minnesota in Minnesota. DJ commented that "we'll have to be three ahead entering that series" and Hawk is suggesting four. This is EXACTLY the type of crap I hate, and that we talked about at length awhile ago. This idea that is felt by Hawk/DJ, and no doubt the players, that Minnesota is an unstoppable force at home and "we just play bad there" excuses losing. It better stop, because you know that series will mean something.

Oh, and with this game, I'm just going to assume it's a victory unless Danks implodes of the offense becomes HR swing happy. It'll basically be us beating ourselves. Baltimore almost seems like they're purposely trying to lose. We've had two of the same type of pitcher on back to back days, faced Cormier in Day 1 of the doubleheader, and now they're throwing this f***ing scrub at us.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 08:39 AM)
I was surprised at how candid Hawk was yesterday during the short segment of the game I caught. He was talking about this feeling of his that we'll lose the division by one game. No talk of whether he thought we'd reach the playoffs, but it was surprising to hear. What disgusted me was what followed, where he basically conceeded the late September games against Minnesota in Minnesota. DJ commented that "we'll have to be three ahead entering that series" and Hawk is suggesting four. This is EXACTLY the type of crap I hate, and that we talked about at length awhile ago. This idea that is felt by Hawk/DJ, and no doubt the players, that Minnesota is an unstoppable force at home and "we just play bad there" excuses losing. It better stop, because you know that series will mean something.

Oh, and with this game, I'm just going to assume it's a victory unless Danks implodes of the offense becomes HR swing happy. It'll basically be us beating ourselves. Baltimore almost seems like they're purposely trying to lose. We've had two of the same type of pitcher on back to back days, faced Cormier in Day 1 of the doubleheader, and now they're throwing this f***ing scrub at us.

It's not only that attitude with Hawk and DJ, it seems to me with KW and Ozzie there's an unecessary woship/felating of the Twins org. Look, I'm impressed by the talent they continue to produce and compete with a lower payroll, but it seems KW and Ozzie overdue it with their compliments to them, eh who knows, I could just be overly sensative.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 10:18 AM)
Anyone else notice that the BAL manager looks a lot like William Shatner?

I noticed the same thing. He looks better than Shatner though. When you don't look as young and fit as a baseball manager, you have some problems my friend.

As far as the attitude toward the Twins, you guys are right on. Although I agree with Hawk and DJ that we don't have much of a chance in that stadium, bringing in that attitude makes it a self-fulfilling prophecy, and one that the players can't have the luxury of thinking. They did it earlier in the season with the Yankees. I remember Ozzie specifically saying how when the Yankees come to town, you know you're going to get a good ball game and can only hope to compete or something like that. And of course we lost that series. This is where being the second team in this city and that chip on our shoulder doesn't help us.

by the way, about this pitcher we're facing tonight from Yahoo Sports:

The right-hander gave up three runs and a career-high nine hits in 4 2-3 innings on Friday, but left without a decision in a 9-4 home loss to the New York Yankees. It was his first start following a three-week stint at Triple-A Norfolk.

Liz returns to Camden Yards, where he is 2-2 with a 6.47 ERA in six starts.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 11:47 AM)
Maybe they do not want to see Boston get in the playoffs again.

No, they're just really bad.

Also, we have a better home record than the Twins IIRC, so if anyone should be lauded for being nigh unbeatable at home, it's us.

QUOTE (almagest @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 02:40 PM)
No, they're just really bad.

Also, we have a better home record than the Twins IIRC, so if anyone should be lauded for being nigh unbeatable at home, it's us.

Actually this year they aren't THAT bad... it's a combination of being in that brutal division and having injuries on their pitching staff.

QUOTE (Jimmywins1 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 04:19 PM)
M's lead the Twinkies 4-3 in the bottom of the 7th

well that lead lasted long. 4-4 now with runners on second and third for the twins with no outs. just take care of business tonight and sweep the o's.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 06:00 PM)
Anybody suprized to see Swisher starting tonight because he came out last night? I thought Ozzie had an injury rule if you come out, you sit the next day.

I think they are trying to load up on lefties today against Liz.