9/23 - Sox @ Min - 7:10 PM CDT - WCIU

knightni

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 06:45 PM)
A major league team that doesnt know how to execute a run down.

Shouldn't Ozzie and the coaching staff take some heat for it? In 1999 I went to Minnesota for the last series of the season between the White Sox and Twins. They both sucked so the series was meaningless. The Twins won on Friday. On Saturday the Sox won and after the game, with the next day being the last game of the season, Tom Kelly had the Twins working on things out on the Metrodome turf. You can talk about how to execute rundowns all you want, but they must be practiced no matter how tedious it is.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 01:49 AM)
Shouldn't Ozzie and the coaching staff take some heat for it? In 1999 I went to Minnesota for the last series of the season between the White Sox and Twins. They both sucked so the series was meaningless. The Twins won on Friday. On Saturday the Sox won and after the game, with the next day being the last game of the season, Tom Kelly had the Twins working on things out on the Metrodome turf. You can talk about how to execute rundowns all you want, but they must be practiced no matter how tedious it is.

Just like how they can't bunt?

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 06:48 PM)
Yeah, those comments by Ozzie were mind-boggling. I still can't believe we didn't alter rotation to have two lefties face the Twins.

I thought they were the same until I thought about it. Just think, if Vazquez comes up huge tonight, Ozzie's comments will get him a lot of credit from a lot of people. If Javy dissapears as usual in this situation, no one will blame Ozzie's comments. It would just be Javy being Javy.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 07:49 PM)

Our team has no concept on fundamentals. Thats Ozzie's job, and why he was brought in. To bring a hard played, well played game. This type of sloppy baseball is beyond what we had when we had Valentin and company playing softball here in the early 00's under manuel's watch. He got crucified for bad fundamentals and bad execution and bad motivation.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 01:52 AM)
I think they're saving Richard for the 6th and 7th in a close game, against Mauer and Morneau. You won't see Ramirez or Boone in this series. That's my guess.

Save him for what? If you pitch Broadway, you won't need to worry about a close game.