9/23 - Sox @ Min - 7:10 PM CDT - WCIU

knightni

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 08:27 PM)
On the scores website, they have Orlando Cabrera on the Boers and Bernstein show today. He basically told a not so good story of how our team sits back, when we get down early its all over, and how they brush off losses with no killer instinct.

Listen to that for a minute, and then realize we need to make sure that some players need to leave as well.

I heard it and thought it was one of the most revealing things I've ever heard a professional player say, during a season.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 01:30 AM)
They're a far better team than the Sox, that's all I'm saying... which shows you just how bad of a team the Sox are.

No, they're really not. However, they have the huge advantage of having the last series of the rivalry at home, a place where we absolutely suck.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 08:28 PM)
I'm not sure the Twins will win out the rest of the year, but I can easily see them sweeping the Sox. This team has a history of choking to the Twins down the stretch.

I really doubt we'll be swept. This has been a bad game, but it's not over yet. If we get Baker out of there by the 6th we have a shot.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 07:27 PM)
On the scores website, they have Orlando Cabrera on the Boers and Bernstein show today. He basically told a not so good story of how our team sits back, when we get down early its all over, and how they brush off losses with no killer instinct.

Listen to that for a minute, and then realize we need to make sure that some players need to leave as well.

For as much as people bag on OC for being a douche...he's absolutely right.

I think big changes are a comin' this offseason if we blow this...which honestly...I'd welcome.

I still try to remind myself that Quentin is injured...and that was obviously a MAJOR blow to this team.

But still...there should be more leaders on this team than there are.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 08:30 PM)
They're a far better team than the Sox, that's all I'm saying... which shows you just how bad of a team the Sox are.

Yeah, a "far better" team that's 2 1/2 out as of today. Come off it.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 08:30 PM)

funny how twins fans have been saying the exact opposite when they have been slumping lately

Vazquez was supposed to pitch on three day's rest against the COMPLETELY beatable Zach Jackson...the game we have to win, along with tomorrow's game with Buehrle.

We only have to win game 3, 4 or 6 of the 50/50 games to get this done...if we win those 2.

Buehrle, on 3 day's, would go against Cliff Lee Sunday.

Anyone for starting Richard or Broadway? You really can't afford to, not against a CLE team playing as well as any team in the AL. The Royals took the first two on the road against DET, I think it's amazing we won 2/3 there. Just because we missed Greinke and Meche, though.