9/23 - Sox @ Min - 7:10 PM CDT - WCIU

knightni

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes, your internet is out so you go to the college library with your laptop to watch the game on MLB.TV.

Sometimes, you bring some whiskey with you in case things get bad.

Sometimes, you turn on the game at 2-1, and jumps to 5-1, now 7-1 and who knows...

I guess the moral of this story is, at some point your whiskey will run out and you will just be an angry, drunken man in a cubicle?

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 02:52 AM)
Yes, of course. Hawk is old and omnicient and judging by him is the key to life. So, I've decided that not only is a sweep inevitable, but I should marry a Greek woman, move our best catcher to the outfield, and pray to the god of Yazstremski.

Funny stuff, but he is around this team every day. He's said nothing about this team being amped up to play. Rather, he continues to say how the Twins are catching us at the right time.

I just got back from a meeting and am checking in only to see the Sox have checked out. Pathetic display by a team wanting, or so it says, to win the division. But, as Yobi Berra once said "It ain't over till it's over." Maybe a miracle will happen

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 02:53 AM)
Sometimes, your internet is out so you go to the college library with your laptop to watch the game on MLB.TV.

Sometimes, you bring some whiskey with you in case things get bad.

Sometimes, you turn on the game at 2-1, and jumps to 5-1, now 7-1 and who knows...

I guess the moral of this story is, at some point your whiskey will run out and you will just be an angry, drunken man in a cubicle?

Very Interesting...

It's sickening to hear some of you say a sweep is inevitable. And you know I'm never one to say something like this.

What we're saying here is exactly what the players are thinking. This "OMG, history is repeating itself!" s***.

If they don't win one of the next two games, there are but a handful of players I'd want on this team next season. If they can't get over playing in this dome, why will it be any different next year? How about we develop a few players or maybe bring in some that don't piss at the thought of THE DOME.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 08:54 PM)
I just got back from a meeting and am checking in only to see the Sox have checked out. Pathetic display by a team wanting, or so it says, to win the division. But, as Yobi Berra once said "It ain't over till it's over." Maybe a miracle will happen

We dont want to win the division. We want the season to be over, and hope the other team loses more than we do.

It nearly took a miracle in 05 when we were potentially one of the best teams in baseball history. What about now? I'm not faithless, but the odds are against the Sox with how terrible they and their manager are right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 08:54 PM)
Funny stuff, but he is around this team every day. He's said nothing about this team being amped up to play. Rather, he continues to say how the Twins are catching us at the right time.

I know, but what can you really say during a game like this? This is baseball, not football. "Amped up" means nothing. And a butt kicking today means nothing tomorrow.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 08:55 PM)
It's sickening to hear some of you say a sweep is inevitable. And you know I'm never one to say something like this.

What we're saying here is exactly what the players are thinking. This "OMG, history is repeating itself!" s***.

If they don't win one of the next two games, there are but a handful of players I'd want on this team next season. If they can't get over playing in this dome, why will it be any different next year? How about we develop a few players or maybe bring in some that don't piss at the thought of THE DOME.

The pitcher going tomorrow has a case of the Dome boogeymen as well. And to think he questioned Floyd's mental toughness.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 02:55 AM)
must he? isn't javy drawing a pretty sweet salary from the sox?

Yes, because he'll be pitching a big game in front of his home crowd this weekend. Just think about that for a second...that could get ugly with the crowd.