"Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Chicago Cubs NLDS"

Brian

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest problem right now is that Cubs fans expected so much out of this team for some reason. If they were realistic about the talent level theyd have realized that this team is no sure bet to get through this series and that they should be enjoying the moment.

Way to high of expectations for a team that isnt really all that amazing.

This isnt about jinxes this is about match ups.

Lowe > Dempster

Z > Billingsley

Harden > Kuroda

Lilly = Maddux

Right now things are just playing to how they should be, so when Z shuts down LA tomorrow its not going to be a shocker. Its just going to be why would you ever really want Dempster as your starter in game 1?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 08:16 PM)
Way to high of expectations for a team that isnt really all that amazing.

Exactly, the cubs are very, very good, but they aren't that much more talented than any other team in the playoffs. Cubs fans like to pretend that the 2008 Cubs are the 1998 Yankees.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 01:19 AM)
This isnt about jinxes this is about match ups.

Lowe > Dempster

Z > Billingsley

Harden > Kuroda

Lilly = Maddux

Right now things are just playing to how they should be, so when Z shuts down LA tomorrow its not going to be a shocker. Its just going to be why would you ever really want Dempster as your starter in game 1?

Dempster's been the Cubs best pitcher this season, and it's not even close.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:23 AM)
Yeah I dont know it seems like a statistical anomaly because I dont like Dempsters stuff compared to Harden or Z.

Thats just personally me, but I always have felt Dempster can be gotten to so I didnt think he would do well today.

Dempster's stuff is significantly better than Zambrano's now. Dempster throws harder, and his slider gets a lot more swings and misses. When I checked around the ASB, Zambrano's K rate was way down.

Zambrano will put a TON more pressure on himself to go out and succeed tomorrow night, and he won't likely handle it well. He hasn't been that great since his no-hitter. I could see him doing a complete meltdown job on the mound.

That being said, this is rather amusing. Every single one of us, I am sure, have Cub fan friends who spent the last few days telling us how easy this series was going to be and that they were going to sweep the Dodgers.