"Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Chicago Cubs NLDS"

Brian

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scratch that, if the MLB cared about the best team winning there would be no playoffs.

Well MLB thinks that playoffs are how the best team is determined.

I cant remember a season where the team with the best record was just given the championship.

The best teams win the games that count, they dont b**** about 5 games or 7 games or a million games.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 07:49 PM)
damn that crowd was DEAD tonight. didn't even try to pump up the cubs at the top of an inning. are they really in shock? are they so naive as to think it would be easy?

They are that Naive. All I've heard all week is how they are going to sweep the dodgers blah blah blah. Can't wait until the World Series starts, blah blah blah.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 06:51 PM)
They are that Naive. All I've heard all week is how they are going to sweep the dodgers blah blah blah. Can't wait until the World Series starts, blah blah blah.

wow. i'm not saying this series is over, the cubs are very talented and well coached. but the dodgers have been playing some solid ball over the last month. they're not going to be lying down.

The silence in the crowd was eerie. I wonder what it was like to be there. Seems to me after the grand slam it was a morgue there.

They'll be OK obviously if they win tomorrow, but if Zambrano is off and grooves a couple early? Yikes.

Tonight's question: Whose performance was more pathetic, the Cubs team of the Cubs fans? Both really rolled over and played dead tonight. And now, they have to rely on a headcase with questionable health that hasn't pitched very well lately to save their season, against a pitcher who has been better than he has all season. That's the joy of the playoffs if you aren't great, and the pain of it if you are, it's a total crapshoot of luck as to who wins and who doesn't. People hate to admit it, but it's the truth. All the pressure on the Cubs now, a loss and they're probably dead, a win and they still have to win one of two on the road or they're dead. They shouldn't panic, but since they are the Cubs, they might anyways.

Edited by whitesoxfan101