Chicago @ Tampa Bay ALDS Game 2

nitetrain8601

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:59 PM)
This game should go over better pitching wise, but we are gonna have to draw a lot of walks on Kazmir and hope he throws many pitches. You can't get down 0-2, but I have faith in a great game from Mark, John and Gavin the next three days.

Agreed. Once you get down on Kazmir 0-2, he's very good and closing the door on you. Hopefully our offense is patient.

This is what Id like to see:

1. OC - SS

2. BA- CF

3. JD- RF

4. Konerko - 1B

5. Thome- DH

6. Alexei - 2B

7. AJ - C

8. Uribe - 3b

9. Swisher- LF

I hate having to put BA at the top of the line up, but I think at this point the Sox just dont have any other options besides Alexei and that could potentially mess him up.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 11:20 PM)
This is what Id like to see:

1. OC - SS

2. BA- CF

3. JD- RF

4. Konerko - 1B

5. Thome- DH

6. Alexi - 2B

7. AJ - C

8. Uribe - 3b

9. Swisher- LF

I hate having to put BA at the top of the line up, but I think at this point the Sox just dont have any other options besides Alexei and that could potentially mess him up.

It's not like Alexei's lighting it up. Put him 2nd, and see if you can jump start the offense. This isn't the Tigers or Indians where you can put up runs in a hurry against their bullpen.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 11:49 PM)
I know but it seems Alexei does better with men on base and in clutch situations.

2nd just seems like a spot where hell do a lot of free swinging and get behind in counts.

But obviously Id like him 2nd, just not sure that he has the patience yet.

He doesn't have patience in the 7th spot either. Does it matter? It's not like we'll steal against a lefty on the mound. Cabrera has like one steal in the last 2 months. We should have our best hitters getting the most at bats. Having Anderson in the 2nd spot does not equate to that.

No but against Kazmir the most important thing is to work the count and not help him out.

I think Andreson can get up there and make Kazmir through 5-6 pitches before he K's, where as I think Alexei would k on 3.

This team is just put together strangely so there arent a lot of good options.