Chicago @ Tampa Bay ALDS Game 2

nitetrain8601

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 06:14 PM)
The word of the off-season needs to be "balance"

Amen. We have a 15 win/3.6 ERA guy in Buehrle, a potential 15/3.5 guy in Danks, and an 17/3.4 guy in Floyd next year, and this is what our offense does.

f*** Beltre- go out and get freaking Brian Roberts. Having nobody on EVER for our 3-4 is pathetic.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 01:17 AM)
We can't score without home runs,f*** Kenny Williams,you built this station to station softball crap!

Oh stop it. It's not the slow guys who are killing the Sox. It's guys like Uribe and Cabrera who are killing us with RISP.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:17 PM)
Amen. We have a 15 win/3.6 ERA guy in Buehrle, a potential 15/3.5 guy in Danks, and an 17/3.4 guy in Floyd next year, and this is what our offense does.

f*** Beltre- go out and get freaking Brian Roberts. Having nobody on EVER for our 3-4 is pathetic.

i honestly think it's walk. every guy we bring in suddenly stops hitting. there's gotta be something to that

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:17 PM)
I feel like I am watching the 2000 offense in the playoffs. A million popups and wasted opportunities.

The 1st 2 games are more like the 1st 2 of '93. Our starter gets rocked in game 1 and then a low scoring game 2.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:30 PM)

After Mark's efforts in 2005 and down the stretch here, he deserves to be the #1 Sox fan favorite of all time.

Yup. And to make it worse, this game is tied if not for ARam pointlessly throwing a ball into the dugout.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:30 PM)
i honestly think it's walk. every guy we bring in suddenly stops hitting. there's gotta be something to that

Cabrera is hitting above his career avg, Dye has had some of his best seasons here, Quentin broke out here, Kong came up with Walker..... I think its the players.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 07:15 PM)
I said it earlier...we're missing Quentin, the best overall hitter on the team. I'm 100 pct confident we'll have a 3B not named Uribe/Crede/Fields. This offense will be different next season, and I think it's obvious that you have to get rid of one of Thome/Konerko/Dye.

The offense needs more balance, no doubt about it....3B/CF/2B could add some new blood potentially, depending on what the Sox do with their upcoming free agents.

Next season's lineup:

LF: Carlos Quentin

CF: ???? (don't mind platooning Anderson, but they need to add some speed to the lineup, and this should be one spot they look to add some)

RF: Jermaine Dye

3B: ???? - No idea here. I don't rule out the Sox resigning both Crede/Uribe, giving the job to Fields or some other name all together.

SS: Ramirez, unless Cabrera resigns which I find unlikely to happen.

2B: Orlando Hudson has been rumored here.....

1B: Paul Konerko

C: A.J. Pierzynski

DH: Jim Thome