Tampa Rays @ Chicago White Sox 4:05 pm CT

kman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 06:15 PM)
If you can't recognize how much more talented (that's what happens when you have so many high first rounders over the years) and quick and efficient the Rays are, then I don't know what to say...

Yeah, Gavin picked a bad day to lose his command, but he's had a great season, overall. It's almost like you can't find anything to cheer about or be optimistic about. Frustrating yes, but trying be a Cubs' fan.

It has nothing to do with me not understanding the Rays are better. I know they are. I didn't really think we had much of a chance. But thats not what I was talking about. I wasn't saying I'm frustrated because we didn't win the World Series. I just meant, overall, the season was so frustrating to me.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 04:17 PM)
I really thought Thome and Griffey would explode this series. This could be the last time they sniff the postseason. Guess they're destined to retire ringless.

Agreed.

I actually thought Junior would start out slow, and Thome would carry us. Had we gotten to the WS, I figured Thome would win ALCS, and then he'd slow down in the WS but Junior would pick it up and win the WS.

Now, that's if we got there, which I didn't predict.