Obama's Cabinet and Staff

DukeNukeEm

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 06:23 PM)
I think you are more likely to see conservatives in his cabinet, but I just kind of doubt that members of the republican party would join the cabinet. Obviously people like Chuck Hagel might work, but for the most part I think people would find that disloyal to their party. So in terms of economics, you might fight conservatives in there, but I don't know if they will be conservatives OF the republican party.

That's pretty much what I was getting at, which makes sense.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 12:31 AM)
That's pretty much what I was getting at, which makes sense. Like more blue dog democrats will be on his staff.

I'm not even saying conservative DEMOCRATS, i'm saying it may be people without party, from the private sector.

More rumors I saw on Olbermann (lol, I swear it's my wife who watches it, not me): Gates to stay on for a few months for continuity to eventually be replaced by Chuck Hagel for Defense, Caroline Kennedy for UN ambassador, Colin Powell for Education. All rumors of course.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 05:47 PM)
Kerry for State, and Napolitano for AG.

Kerry is possible but Napolitano is not likely. She's kind of expected to fight against McCain in 2010 for the Senate. The Senate map is still favorable to the Democrats in 2010 and there will be a focus on running up that score to maintain a majority in 2012 and beyond.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 01:32 PM)
ABC and CNN are confirming that Rahm-bo has accepted the Chief of Staff position.

Joe Scarborough was being a drama queen about this this morning for no particular reason. Basically because Emanuel was talking out loud about how the move would affect his family and that means that the Obama camp somehow horribly stumbled with the decision. I guess now that the election is over they need stuff to talk about.

Edited by lostfan

Less than 48 hours after the election... and the partisan name calling continues:

The Republican message is that he's a hyper-partisan pick.

"Barack Obama's first decision as President-elect undermines his promise to 'heal the divides'. Rahm Emanuel is a partisan insider who played a lead role in breaking Washington," said RNC spokesman Alex Conant, and John Boehner called the choice "ironic."

Yes, clearly Obama should have chosen John McCain or Jim DeMint (most conservative senator) for his CoS.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 01:59 PM)
Less than 48 hours after the election... and the partisan name calling continues:

Lindsey Graham's statement:

"This is a wise choice by President-elect Obama.

"Rahm knows Capitol Hill and has great political skills. He can be a tough partisan but also understands the need to work together. He is well-suited for the position of White House Chief of Staff.

"I worked closely with him during the presidential debate negotiations which were completed in record time. When we hit a rough spot, he always looked for a path forward. I consider Rahm to be a friend and colleague. He's tough but fair. Honest, direct, and candid. These qualities will serve President-elect Obama well.

"Rahm understands the challenges facing our nation and will, consistent with the agenda set by President-elect Obama, work to find common ground where it exists. I look forward to working with him in his new position and will continue to do everything I can to help find a pathway forward on the difficult problems facing our nation."