Phillies interested in Dye?

2nd_city_saint787

Listening to ESPN 1000 this morn and one of the updates said the phillies are interested in JD, no speculation as to who we'd get back so lets start the speculation who do you see us getting back.

First id try throwing in whoever to get Victorino, i believe it was levinne that said the phils wouldnt trade him but if we throw in say broadway and maybe another spec i think theyd do it.

if not what would you guys think of them giving us a package involving Greg Golson???

Do you think theyd give up Romero???

maybe Golson/Romero/specs

who would you want???

*thanks for the topic edit mods

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 09:38 AM)
Listening to ESPN 1000 this morn and one of the updates said the phillies are interested in JD, no speculation as to who we'd get back so lets start the speculation who do you see us getting back.

First id try throwing in whoever to get Victorino, i believe it was levinne that said the phils wouldnt trade him but if we throw in say broadway and maybe another spec i think theyd do it.

if not what would you guys think of them giving us a package involving Greg Golson???

who would you want???

The Phils would be willing to give up Victorino but I read that the Phils were interested in Matt Holliday and since Victorino is signed for a few more years could be involved in a swap with the Rocks. I think if the Phils had much interest in Dye they wouldn't want to include Victorino.

Oh and please we all hate titles that make it seem like the trade occured.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 12:46 PM)
The Phils would be willing to give up Victorino but I read that the Phils were interested in Matt Holliday and since Victorino is signed for a few more years could be involved in a swap with the Rocks. I think if the Phils had much interest in Dye they wouldn't want to include Victorino.

ha ya noticed that after i posted it along with the added r i put in.........whats your guys take on this Golson guy???

I'll take a flier on Golson, but I wouldn't take him as a main piece to a trade. He's got some major issues. I would take Carlos Carrasco though. He's just about major league ready. In fact, if the Sox traded with the Phillies and he wasn't part of the trade, I would be very surprised.

What I would expect when we talk or think about a trade is we get quality back to fill a spot and not be looking to fill one and open another hole. Jermaine Dye is a major piece of our team. Plus why trade two people for one? Let's place some value on our own players and stop thinking about 2 or 3 of our ball players being worth only one of someone elses unless we talk real blockbusters here. I really expect to see some trades obviously, but maybe we can look to the free agent list and add to what we already have in place, which was good enough to win a division title, and not think we are trying to make ourselves into contenders. We are winners and just need a bit extra to bring us the big title.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 12:35 PM)
Don't they have Luke Donald? I would love to get Werth in exchange for Dye.

Ahh Jason Donald. Completely forgot about him. I'd be happy with a deal centered around Carrasco and Donald. If we could get Werth as well, somehow, that would be a tremendous deal.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 06:54 PM)
Stop trying to find us Outfielders! We have 4 not counting Wise and Owens! We're not trading 1 OF to keep having too many OF's!

Yet we still don't have a CF. The Phillies have little with regards to young pitching besides Carrasco. Kyle Kendrick is terrible, and they're not going to trade Madson.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 09:46 AM)

I'd love to give you my opinion on Golson however it would be ignorant.

Just seems unlikely Dye would end up in the National League. He's a DH waiting to happen as is Korneko and we already have Thome. The Sox need to get rid of 1 possibly 2 of the 3 at least while they still have value. Dye is the most valuable piece but also most likely to stay with the Sox as a future DH. But if we want quality we have to give it up and any good position player IMHO is worth more than a future DH.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 04:10 PM)
No, I was talking about getting pitching from them with Ryan Madson.

And I was making a joke...

Marson would be a good pickup. He's either overvalued or undervalued, depending on who you talk to. But I think he ends up as a Kurt Suzuki type in a year or so.